NoviBlownGT Build Update!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First few passes on new setup. Footbrake/idle launches. View attachment 59382View attachment 59383View attachment 59384

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Derek,

attachment.php

You are Rocking & Rolling buddy for sure
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

You are like 50-miles from Brenspeed ??? ................
I have a question for you on tuning.
Why did you not use Brent/Brenspeed for your tuning ?
I see your license plate is Indiana and on your windshield is the BRENSPEED Banner.
Also I read where if I recall correctly your Paxton is from Brenspeed.
I would imagine other parts are from Brenspeed.
So, just curious why you did not go with Brent White on the tuning of your's ???
You might not know who I am but so you know I don't ask people questions screwing with them.
I ask because I want to actually know why they do what they do.
No "Hidden Agenda" from this end, period.

Terry

Last edited:

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Derek,

attachment.php

You are Rocking & Rolling buddy for sure
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

You are like 50-miles from Brenspeed ??? ................
I have a question for you on tuning.
Why did you not use Brent/Brenspeed for your tuning ?
I see your license plate is Indiana and on your windshield is the BRENSPEED Banner.
Also I read where if I recall correctly your Paxton is from Brenspeed.
I would imagine other parts are from Brenspeed.
So, just curious why you did not go with Brent White on the tuning of your's ???
You might not know who I am but so you know I don't ask people questions screwing with them.
I ask because I want to actually know why they do what they do.
No "Hidden Agenda" from this end, period.

Terry

I use to have Brent tune my car. They refuse to tune my car unless it's built the way they want it. I've tried to work with him and he just doesn't respond or even try to talk to me. I spent a lot of money there in the past with them.

Overall I'm just extremely dissatisfied with Brent as well as his shop.

This is the way I see it. He wants simple installations for maximum profit. He isn't a "race" shop. I want to work with people who genuinely love and care about the sport of drag racing.

That's why I work with Manuel Pazo. I talk to him weekly if not daily sometimes.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use to have Brent tune my car. They refuse to tune my car unless it's built the way they want it. I've tried to work with him and he just doesn't respond or even try to talk to me. I spent a lot of money there in the past with them.

Overall I'm just extremely dissatisfied with Brent as well as his shop.

This is the way I see it. He wants simple installations for maximum profit. He isn't a "race" shop. I want to work with people who genuinely love and care about the sport of drag racing.

That's why I work with Manuel Pazo. I talk to him weekly if not daily sometimes.

Derek,

I'm glad you took my question as I meant it.
Meaning it was simply a question and nothing more.
I also appreciate your candid, Matter-of-Fact response !!!

Terry

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Dropped the car off Saturday for cage. 8.50 cert chromoly. Also having a few additional roof bars and gussets installed for future upgrade.

Also a couple more big changes. I ditched the a/w setup and going back to air/air. Mainly due to class rules and to simplify the car a bit. Still drive it mostly on the street. Ice was a pain. Plus true street wouldn't allow me to refill my ice between rounds.

Should have the car done and back in a couple weeks.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dropped the car off Saturday for cage. 8.50 cert chromoly. Also having a few additional roof bars and gussets installed for future upgrade.

Also a couple more big changes. I ditched the a/w setup and going back to air/air. Mainly due to class rules and to simplify the car a bit. Still drive it mostly on the street. Ice was a pain. Plus true street wouldn't allow me to refill my ice between rounds.

Should have the car done and back in a couple weeks.

Exciting stuff. I liked your A/W setup a lot......will they let you spray water/meth onto the outside of the frontmount intercooler?

Rm

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Exciting stuff. I liked your A/W setup a lot......will they let you spray water/meth on the frontmount intercooler?

Rm

I believe water/meth is not allowed either. I've ran it before. It was effective for iat reduction. I picked up the new treadstone air/air cooler. I'll see how that's going to work. Should work well.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe water/meth is not allowed either. I've ran it before. It was effective for iat reduction. I picked up the new treadstone air/air cooler. I'll see how that's going to work. Should work well.

I am looking forward to your install and results. Wish you well.

Rm

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Interesting, I never thought about having to constantly add ice to the IC, even if you're just going for a cruise on the street. It will be interesting to see the difference in IAT between the two systems. Good luck on the 8.50 cage, did you order a kit or are you having it all custom made?

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Interesting, I never thought about having to constantly add ice to the IC, even if you're just going for a cruise on the street. It will be interesting to see the difference in IAT between the two systems. Good luck on the 8.50 cage, did you order a kit or are you having it all custom made?

I didn't run a heat exchanger.

Im having one built. Adding a few extra bars for future 25.3 cage.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Great build and great results Derek, congrats on your efforts at building this beast. When I saw your trans cooler and location I opted to copy that, put in the Derale under the wheel well to after swapping to the 4R70W. I think the thermostat switch turns on too late at 180deg and was getting temps up to 200deg with 90deg outside temps. Ended up connecting the original cooler inline with the derale and put a switch to turn the fan on right away. Temps went to a max of 167deg driving around on a sunny 93deg day. That front cooler really helps as the temps would climb driving 45-55 mph without that airflow.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Great build and great results Derek, congrats on your efforts at building this beast. When I saw your trans cooler and location I opted to copy that, put in the Derale under the wheel well to after swapping to the 4R70W. I think the thermostat switch turns on too late at 180deg and was getting temps up to 200deg with 90deg outside temps. Ended up connecting the original cooler inline with the derale and put a switch to turn the fan on right away. Temps went to a max of 167deg driving around on a sunny 93deg day. That front cooler really helps as the temps would climb driving 45-55 mph without that airflow.

I'm considering moving my cooler up front to cut down on line length and worrying about the lines contacting exhaust/driveshaft. Haven't completely decided yet. Need to scale the car and see how things look.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
New update!

Back to air/air and 8.50 cert cage install. Hopefully get everything buttoned up this week and head back to the track.

IMG_4655.JPGIMG_4656.JPGIMG_4666.JPGIMG_4660.JPGIMG_4661.JPG

Back