Official GT500 FOX swap

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
I have done some 4v fox swaps before. I had a 03 mach1 drivetrain into a 90gt that went 6.70's on a 125 shot. As for the dash to far foward question, I agree it does like like that but i think its cause S197 guys are use to a big dash (as in long), i trimed it to the windsheild and the steering wheel is exactly the same distance from the windshield as the fox wheel was. Ihad to do it like that or the shelby seats would've had to be mounted to far back (for leg room) and i would have been sitting beside the 1/4 glass.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
here's the dash... it wasn't bolted in, just hanging there in this pic... its in now...
Fox500.jpg

I'd like my dash to have that leather wrapped top.

I also can't wait to see this build finished. I'm not real keen on the fox body style but they are light and not that hard to make really fast.

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
sorry for slow progress lol... I have been installing front suspension to test fit the engine. Got the UPR K-mem kit in, but waiting on strange 10way struts and CC plates. PICS comming in a day or two tho. I rubber undercoated the underside of the front framerails and outside the aprons, looks pretty good.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of Fox bodies like everyone else in the Mustang world. But! If I were going to drive one, this would be it.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
sorry for slow progress lol... I have been installing front suspension to test fit the engine. Got the UPR K-mem kit in, but waiting on strange 10way struts and CC plates. PICS comming in a day or two tho. I rubber undercoated the underside of the front framerails and outside the aprons, looks pretty good.

Have fun test fitting that engine. A buddy and I are installing a GT500 drivetrain into an '02 Saleen. That engine BARELY fits. Once it's in place it fits well, but it's getting it there that's the real bitch. We had plans to "trial" fit it, but once we got it in the first time, it's staying.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back