Official GT500 FOX swap

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
Thanx for the compliments everyone. That keeps a fella's drive up!

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
In with the new.....
IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg
IMG_2377.jpg

If the pics arent real clear, That is Strange 10way adj struts, UPR CC plates, Offset steering rack bushings and bolt kit, UPR full lenth subs. Here is a few more pics of the installation, I cleaned and scuffed everything really good and applied rubber (sound deadner) undercoating.

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
The big hole in the firewall was done just for mocking the dash as the heater core tubes exits right there. The Gt500 firewall will be fitted there in a few weeks so everything will bolt up nice and straight ( brake booster, pedals, steering column, heaterbox,ect).
Some of you foxbody guru's may have notice that the radiator support bracket has been removed. It was dinged up pretty good, so I am making a 3/4'' tubular mounting bracket for the rad and ac condesor. It will be powder coated and will bolt on to the underside of the framerail.
All the cheese holes in the inner fenders will be covered up with a Dugan Racing fiberglass mold, everything else will be smoothed and painted DSG or Flat BLK, havent made my mind up on the engine bay color yet

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
Now that the front ans rear suspension are completly through, My next part is welding the GT500 floor board and engine fire wall into the FOX. Its hard to believe the the S197 is only 1/4 wider than the foxbody. I will resest my cut in 1/4 inch on both side of the gt500 along the door sill, and i will leave 1/2 on both sides of the fox when i remove the floor board so i will have a nice lip to lay the Gt500 floor on. It may be 2 or 3 weeks before i get some more pics up tho, but I will take plenty lol.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Looking good. That's a hell of a project but it looks like your taking your time and doing it right. Plus in a notch this thing is going to be sick.

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
thanx guys. Im glad to hear all the nice compliments. It will be a few weeks before any more pics are up tho, changing out floor pans and such. Ill be sure to get plenty of pics during the process.

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
well, It has been awhile since an update and truthfully, not alot of progress as been made, but I did get the engine and tranny out and i hope to get the ball rolling on it. Here are a few pics of how we got it out..

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back