Sky Render's Build Thread

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling the diff you chose will not be a torsen....

Some Drift King with mad tight skillz told me I didn't need no freakin' positraction and I just needed to weld my diff. But now my car won't move. What did I do wrong?

1107642d1384581045-welding-diffs-welded_diff_01.jpg

:beerdrink:

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
Some Drift King with mad tight skillz told me I didn't need no freakin' positraction and I just needed to weld my diff. But now my car won't move. What did I do wrong?

1107642d1384581045-welding-diffs-welded_diff_01.jpg

:beerdrink:

I don't mess with rear ends whatsoever other than diff fluid change, so I'm not gonna give you any shit, but is that the ring gear that you welded to what? The pinion gear? You're suppose to weld the spider gears right?

Last edited:

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
Tis correct sir...on 4x4 trucks usually :clap:

I don't mess with rear ends whatsoever other than diff fluid change, so I'm not gonna give you any shit, but is that the ring gear that you welded to what? The pinion gear? Your suppose to weld the spider gears right?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't mess with rear ends whatsoever other than diff fluid change, so I'm not gonna give you any shit, but is that the ring gear that you welded to what? The pinion gear? You're suppose to weld the spider gears right?

It was a joooooke.

I don't do transmissions or differentials. I'm having a shop do the install.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
Ha! I knew it wasn't a Torsen. My first thought was eaton, but then I considered you might go for the "Wave of the future. Wave of the future. Wave of the future. Wave of the future"....and get a Wavetrac.

Good choice. Hard to break those from what I hear. About the only dual-duty unit out there (drag/road course). They came in the fairly impressive Roush Trak Pak cars too.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ha! I knew it wasn't a Torsen. My first thought was eaton, but then I considered you might go for the "Wave of the future. Wave of the future. Wave of the future. Wave of the future"....and get a Wavetrac.

Good choice. Hard to break those from what I hear. About the only dual-duty unit out there (drag/road course). They came in the fairly impressive Roush Trak Pak cars too.

Torsens grenade when launched hard. And let's face it--it's a Mustang. It's GOING to get drag raced.

Two guys I autocross with have FF Cobra replicas with supercharged 302s. They both run Eaton TrueTracs and consistently come in first/second place by more than a second, every event. They also drive them to/from events (one of them has 100,000 miles on his TrueTrac) and drag race them occasionally.

Furthermore, the Eaton TrueTrac is half the price of the T2R. The only downside is that the bias ratio of the TrueTrac is "only" 3.7:1 instead of the T2R's 4:1. Interestingly, getting that high of a bias ratio requires running NON-synthetic gear oil. I contacted Eaton and they told me to use nonsynthetic 80W-90.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Interestingly, getting that high of a bias ratio requires running NON-synthetic gear oil. I contacted Eaton and they told me to use nonsynthetic 80W-90.

Interesting...I wouldn't have figured the lubricant would have anything to do with how the gears work. Then again...I can barely explain how a Torsen works.

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
Since I seem to be pretty much copying your mod list, about how much is installation going to cost us?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back