05-09 Automatic Shiftknob Options

OctaneStreet

Reaction score
Are we able to use ANY aftermarket shiftknob so long as it has a lock release button? The only reason I doubt it is because the Mustang's stock shiftknob has that overdrive button... Does this mean the ONLY shifter we can use is the TCI Ratchet shifter (which has since been discontinued making it really hard to find for a decent price)? Anyone know of any other currently available options? Really hoping I can find a cool aftermarket option for my a/t GT.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Just get any one with a button and wire it in. I have a TCI shifter but never like the stupid ass placement of the OD button so I bought a generic B&M handle and just wired the button to the OD.

OctaneStreet

Reaction score
Just get any one with a button and wire it in. I have a TCI shifter but never like the stupid ass placement of the OD button so I bought a generic B&M handle and just wired the button to the OD.

Wow that's actually pretty ingenious of you lol. Very well done sir, thanks for the tip.

OctaneStreet

Reaction score
I have yet to find anything other than the TCI. This guy on EBay has gone from $2000 to $1000 for over a year. https://www.ebay.com/itm/353182806708
You would think he would have given up by now and cut the price to make a sale.

Lmao RIP. It truly sucks though that the TCI was like the only true aftermarket option for these Stangs :( One of the things I hate most about the autos for this model.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back