05 GT Vert Crusier Project.....with a few bolt ons

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Just sharing the 05 GT Vert Crusier Project

Ive been a long time Mustang enthusiast from 90% all Foxbody builds and drivers with the exception of a few 03-04 Cobras, and one previous 06 Mustang GT when these s197 body style came out. After selling that car about 6 years ago Ive always wanted another s197 body style for there comfort and looks, granted I do want to step up to the 10-14 body style at some point and of course a GT500 has always been a car I've wanted to own but I picked up this 05 GT back in may of this year as a bone stock car with the exception of some bassani mufflers and have been hitting the mods when I can find something reasonable or can think pf something else I want to do just to change the car up..anyways on to some pictures and a list of mods so far.

Basic idea is to build a fun comfortable crusier with some street credit without going crazy fast.

First round of mods:
Tint

Upr lower springs
wheels
GT500 rear spoiler
Deck lid panel
style bar
upper and lower billet retro grill
cv2 chin spoiler
CS side scoops
steeda tri-ax shifter
Ford Racing intake
JLT cai
Ford Racing Polished 4:10 Gears
Mirror covers
wheels again (20x10 and 20x8 Downforce platinum's
Few little things I painted the insert on the rear bumper cover tag and lower bumber semi black...I eventually want to find a CS rear bumper cover
Radiator extension

Day I picked her up 37k miles craigslist ad showed plastic dip stick wheels

Wheels

Springs with the help of my son

My favorite pic as he looks to have his swagger on and happy with the new look..lol

Last edited:

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Few other pictures along the way.....

Little black out and brake paint

First trip to see my dad and his first drive

Parts arrived

New grill and new wheels

Car had been rear ended and needed a better paint match so little progress of that

Out of paint

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Intake install and some engine bay detailing the cheap way

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score

Now on to phase two.....

Just bolted on a set of Longtubes and off road h-pipe
picked up a set of BBR stage 1 cams here on the fourms
Installed a new set of SVE Series 2 wheels ( I know the others looked better)
Picked up a Nitrous Express plate....
Aeroforce scan gauge, nitrous pressure gauge, roush vent pods
New tune from bama
local craigslist ad for the hood which was already painted white and had a black stripe so stuck it in..it will need to go back to paint as the color isn't a match...and im thinking of doing away with the stripe

More pictures coming soon

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score

Long tubes installed this week
cams went in last night

Nitrous plate want clear the front of the Ford Racing intake. ...thinking of doing a tb spacer

Vids soon!

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Nice job on that vert! Love what you did with it!

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Little bit of the header install. .....those of squeamish stomachs may need to look away...

Ive been doing this for twenty plus years and had plenty of minor and decent burns and cuts but for what ever reason this time I just over looked the importance of patience....I knew the car was hot and of course I was letting her cool off just taking my time unbuttoned a few bolts, unhooked a few sensors...probably waited 30 mins to even start doing that. ..I reached up to un hook the top 02 sensor and was having a problem reaching right hand so I turned and put the left hand in..un hook it and got in a hurry and turned the wrong way....and ouch the cat got me...had in mechanics gloves and still through the glove the heat shield bit me too.....I didn't stop though...wrapped it up and finished until the new headers were in...the next night was only a matter of an hour of button up a few things..iver all about 3.5 hours to intall

Last edited:

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score

I know on the above picture the wrong 02 are in...just had them in there...lol

Last night took the car for cam intall.....tune was off this am...just got another one resent...hoping to be on the road this evening after work....

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Nice car. The cut on the hand looks nasty, though.

Thanks.....it wasn't pleasant thats for sure......but looking a lot better now....

Cams in gave a quick bath.....pulled the plastic dip off the front chin this am....looks alittle better but still plan on painting the hood......also adding a small video. ...they have idle set down to 850 but it keeps correcting its self. ..we set it lower and still wants to recorrect itself to about 950-1000. ...the tune maybe off a tad to but im sure they can adjust a few things. ...it wants slug real bad 2500 and below takes about 65% throttle according to my aeroforce before it will pull and fuel pressure is going to 44 lbs and its not moving....like its too rich....maybe the cams not sure...

Sorry video want load right now

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
You're on HPJ. I knew I had seen that car somewhere before.

Back