06' on3 turbo question

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
A friend of mine just purchased a gt with an on3 turbo kit on it and noticed that the passenger side oxygen ssensor isn't plugged into anything.

Can someone with this kit tell me where it plugs into or if its normal for that to not be plugged anywhere (pretty sure it shoud go somwhere ).

Thanks in advance.

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
Their is that one but they have another after that with an o2 sensor in it but the green plug is not connected to anything.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are there 4 sensors in total?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The harness is on the back of the engine on that side where it should plug into.

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
Yes 4, 2 green and 2 blue.

Back of the engine? Like at the top by the head or at the bottom?

Its hard to see or get a hand back there.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the rears are even turned on, so the prior owner didn't bother with the plugs, does the car run well, codes?

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
Not worried about the rears, they are probably turned off in the tune.

Only the drivers side front sensor is plugged in.

Just wondering if this is normal for a turbo car or if the other plug is somewhere where we cant see it?

The car blew up last week and he just put another motor in and noticed the plug hanging and didnt see a place to commect it to.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes should be plugged in, its the one that's hard to do, gonna have to see where it got moved and tucked into. I usually take the battery and tray out to help get room.

JeffS197

forum member
Reaction score
not sure if it is relevant to your situation, but I was talking with a tuner last week about tuning EMS on the 4.6.

When I asked him if he hooks up wideband o2 sensors in both manifolds he mentions that he does that at first to make sure the banks are balanced and then later on once the car is properly tuned he removes one of them and just runs 1 on the street. Not sure if he just duplicates the signal of the other stock sensor to keep the ECU happy or what but I just thought it was interesting.

Perhaps the previous owner did the same thing and then decided to keep the wideband when selling the car and just plugged the o2 bung and left the car running off one stock sensor?

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
It had a check engine light.

He found it though, it was sitting on top of the transmission just couldnt see it because that automatic transmission is so wide.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back