07 mugstang rotors

Reaction score
ok. i tried to take off the rear rotors so i could put my drilled slotted ones on but i cant get them off. the fronts came off just fine but i feel like a r-tard tryin to take off the rears.

any help?

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
ok. i tried to take off the rear rotors so i could put my drilled slotted ones on but i cant get them off. the fronts came off just fine but i feel like a r-tard tryin to take off the rears.

any help?

is there a little, thin metal lock washer type thing on 1 of the wheel studs ?

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
if there is no clip, then they are just rusted on...no big deal. just get you a rubber mallet and "shock" the rotor at 12, 3, 6, and 9 oclock...it will come off.

Chris07GT

forum member
Reaction score
you took the caliper off too, right? :kidding:

If your sure that all the clips are off, it's just stuck on there. Hit it with a rubber mallet and just work it loose. Spray some penetrating liquid (like PB Blaster) around the lugs to help

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
ya i took the clip off and no shit tapped the hell outta it for about an hour and a half. (no joke) im going to try again tomorrow.

you beat on it for 90 minutes ? 90 minutes, that seems like alot. If you just tapped you wasted 90 minutes of your life. Smack the shit out of it. Make sure you rotate it a quarter or a half turn between blows. A hard rubber mallet or a dead blow hammer will let you get into the smackdown without damaging your rotor. You may want to apply some heat around the hat, not the studs as they'll expand too, just around the hat to enlarge the holes.

dacofa

Banned
Reaction score
Use your rubber mallet on it. Hit it in one direction while pulling with your other hand 180 degs from where you're hitting it, in the other direction. Just rotate it 1/4 turn and keep hitting it. It's a tight fit and a little rust will just about weld it on there.

Reaction score
lol thx. well i tried everything what was said up there. but no luck. would drifting be a problem in this? i doused them with WD40 and wailed on them with a rubber mallet as a shop on base told me. so i think im just gonna bring it in

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Well MAYBE if he was working on a MUSTANG and not a MUGSTANG they would've come off easier.......

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back