11-14 seats in a 2008

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
The leather on the driver seat is starting to show it's age. I'm debating whether to replace it and the foam, or grab some 11-14 take offs. The main problem is I don't know if all the harnesses are just plug n play or I need to do some fabrication. That's pretty much the determining factor right now in which direction I take. Anyone do this before?

It's a 2008 with the airbags built into the seats. Seat heaters too although they aren't essential if I swap.

must007

forum member
Reaction score
plug and play with your original seat harness i have 2014 seats in an 05 airbag light is on,

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know if red leather was an option on 2011 theu 2014? Ford no longer carries the red leather covers for 2005's. If not I will have to go the Katzkin route.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
I think you might be able to use just the seat skins from the newer models and re-use your old seat. That would solve any wiring or airbag issues. You might have to change the headrest. I'm pretty sure ive seen guys do this, never done it myself but was thinking of doing the same thing.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know if red leather was an option on 2011 theu 2014? Ford no longer carries the red leather covers for 2005's. If not I will have to go the Katzkin route.

I think red leather was only on the 05-09. I know 2013 when I ordered my GT, I don't remember seeing red leather option. Granted, wouldn't be available on GHIG color but when I went through the option book I don't remember seeing it as I liked red on red color.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
I talked to a guy at a show and he said the only issue he had was that he had to replace his wiring harness, anyone else heard that before

wildbillcody

forum member
Reaction score
I put 2011 gt500 seat skins in my 05 that way the frame and wiring is the same I had to go to hobby lobby and get blocks of foam to custom make the bolster and had a guy sew the headrest up for the rear seats

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went to Ford a while back, they had a wrecked 2013. I asked about the seats and they said you would have to change the wiring harness. They could splice the wines and make it work, but you do run the possibility of airbag malfunction. I still have my stock seats.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
How difficult is the process for replacing the skins ?

Time consuming, but doesn't take any advanced mechanical knowledge. Rears are really easy, but I think I spent like 3 hours on each front seat from start to finish, maybe even a little longer.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Drive side wiring you can just reuse your existing harness. All the motors are the same just the main bulk plug changed.

For the passenger side you need to transfer over the seat bladder and wiring from your car.

All very simple.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I put 2011 skins in my 06. Very simple. Katskyns on YouTube has a great video as well.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Time consuming, but doesn't take any advanced mechanical knowledge. Rears are really easy, but I think I spent like 3 hours on each front seat from start to finish, maybe even a little longer.

If re-skinning is the less expensive approach over replacing the seats altogether ? I'll spend the 3 hours on each seat or longer if necessary lol.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find this video right now but I'm curious is it a true how to

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back