'14 GT Automatic - drag racing results from a few simple mods

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I see there are a few drag strips in WA state. Are they all anal about the 11.49 rule? What about Bremerton or Spokane?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure I need an 8-10 point unfortunately, but I did see his setup last year and it looked nice.

Once you get under 9.99 at Pacific they want everything, including the NHRA license to go that quick lol

Need to find a track in the NW that doesn't run NHRA rules if you don't want to turn your car into a full blown racecar.

I still can't convince myself to put a rollbar in my '14 GT, so I'm just having fun running 11.5's & 11.6's for now. Maybe some cash-bash events would keep my mind off going faster. My car is very consistent (ET's typically vary by just a few hundredths) and I usually cut really good lights (my average reaction time last week was .007, and most runs are in the .0XX range), so I think I could make some money racing this car.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question here but they still enforce that if you run time only class?

Last edited:

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
Need to find a track in the NW that doesn't run NHRA rules if you don't want to turn your car into a full blown racecar.

I still can't convince myself to put a rollbar in my '14 GT, so I'm just having fun running 11.5's & 11.6's for now. Maybe some cash-bash events would keep my mind off going faster. My car is very consistent (ET's typically vary by just a few hundredths) and I usually cut really good lights (my average reaction time last week was .007, and most runs are in the .0XX range), so I think I could make some money racing this car.

NWN just had an event in Spokane, have you ever gone to one of their events?

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score

I doubt there's any tracks around that will let me slide as far as I'd like them to, I do miss that about the FL tracks.

I don't begrudge them though, they always let me make a pass or two and usually I'm fine with that. I'm not looking to run rounds although it could be fun!. Usually I just want to get a slip to see progress. Dyno sheets are boring in comparison.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Most likely I'll end up being forced into 1/8th passes and then hit the brakes. On the final attempt if it feels good go for the full 1/4. Then get the slip and leave.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Well, last night was my 3rd time out to the local track this season (Pacific Raceway in Kent, WA). I've made 27 passes over those 3 days and ran a best ET of 11.587 (DA around 200-300') and a worst ET of 11.696 (DA around 800' to 900'), so the car is very consistent. Nothing exciting to report since the car is just so frickin' predictable every pass.

Here's time slips for anyone who's interested in reviewing them. These were all at Test'n'tune events, so my car # was different each day. May 18th I was car #225. May 25th I was car #833. Last night I was car #1011.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
I gotta help my son-in-law with his 2008 Bullitt Mustang. He needs drag radials desperately as he's spinning his way to low 14's @ 101 on street tires, but my daughter has him on a tight leash for mod money - LOL. Here's his Bullitt next to my '14 in the pits at Pacific Raceways...

Last edited:

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
Damnnit I knew I should've gone out yesterday. I'm planning on going out next Wednesday if my jacked up lower back decides to chill out.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Da in the 200-300 range in June is crazy, currently it's 3600 at my local track with an elevation of around 1100'

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Damnnit I knew I should've gone out yesterday. I'm planning on going out next Wednesday if my jacked up lower back decides to chill out.

Sorry about your back! Hard to race - or even sit comfortably in a car - if your back is spasming or sore.

There were very few people racing yesterday. Threat of rain scared a lot of people away. I got in 9 runs in just 2.5 hours before it started sprinkling enough to end the fun.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Da in the 200-300 range in June is crazy, currently it's 3600 at my local track with an elevation of around 1100'

About a week ago, it was 95-100 degrees here in Seattle. Yesterday, it was 60-63 degrees so we got really lucky for racing, at least until the rain started. In the heat of the summer, our DA tops out around 3000', but I avoid racing on those days. Our local tracks are 150-350' above sea level, with a cool marine climate, so much of the season has good DA's. I'm so glad we don't have your DA!!!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Nice. I've always had a soft spot for a Bullitt.

I've almost bought a couple of them over the years, usually right after watching Steve McQueen tear it up through San Francisco. Just like I often consider buying a Challenger since I've always been a big fan of the movie, Vanishing Point.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
4500 is as good I've ever seen here at yellowstone drag strip. It can hit well over 8000' on a super hot summer day.

Gotta pulley those cars down if you wanna get anywhere near the potential.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back