150mA drain on battery, killing batteries and can't trace

05roush0090

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ Verify F10 (5A) fuse on the SJB. That feeds the console lights. The SJB also has to be reprogrammed to work on the CANBUS with the other devices. A friend locally lost his due to water intrusion and tried to just replace it with a new one. Was not able to complete the task without it being commissioned at a local shop. So you may wish to put the original back in if you have not already.

this is true unless you get the exact same part number on your SJB from a donor car. In my instance the used SJB even though same part number did not fix my issue. It has same draw so assuming both SJB I have, both have same issue. Being same part number doesn’t surprise me. My car has only seen rain a few times and is rarely even washed. So water intrusion was never an issue. I think I need to get an updated SJB and have it scanned for my car. I wonder if the dealer can scan it before I install it?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I am pretty certain (going on recollection here of about 7 years back) that the guy I know had to put it in the car and take the car up there to get it rescanned. I'm not a CANBUS expert. I've worked with it only enough on CNC machine tools to know that it is a serial high speed digital coms bus and the devices on it have to be properly addressed so they can be seen.

05roush0090

forum member
Reaction score
Think I can swap it in my garage and drive to dealership? Or does it need to be programmed Before it’s drivable?

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Update: It is 100% the SJB. Removed the entire module, no evidence of water, zero. BUT I removed every fuse on the SJB, hooked back up, and boom, same drain. SO if the SJB is just plugged in with no active output circuits (fuses) and it still drains. So guess I need to find another SJB. Any lines on getting the thing programmed? I can find a used one from a Coupe.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back