15x10 Race stars

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Sam what did pay for the rears? Just wondering price wise how they stack up against the Mickey T's

$220 each shipped on EBay for the rears, and $157 each shipped for the fronts from dragracetires.com. Then the wheels were from Beefcakes sale.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Earl, i drive to the track on my Hoosiers, stable at highway speeds. I havent had an issue yet. Next will be a drag radial for sure though. I want to drive more on the welds!

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mickey+Thompson/672/3754/10002/-1

James im still doing research
But the link you posted is for a Bias tire not a radial
Did you know that?

Plus I may be looking at a 27" tire Im afraid the 2.25 drop on sportines is tooo low for a 28" tire like the ones Sam has the (QTP,s)

DTL

forum member
Reaction score
Have you guys with the uni-lug Race Stars found any "easy" way to mount these wheels on the car? I don't know if it's just me, but these things were a BITCH for me to get on correctly. It usually takes me a few minuted to swap setups on my car, but I spent about 45min. getting these right last time.

DTL

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. That's about what I ended up doing. Are replacement offset washers available for these things? A few of them looked a little tweaked when I took everything apart again. I can probably get a few more R&Rs out of them, but I'm thinking some will need replacement sooner rather than later. It probably doesn't help that I change wheel/tire setups a lot.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Start the one at the 6 o'clock position, rotate tire until the next one is at 6'oclock. continue until all lugs are tight.

This is exactly how I do mine. Let the washer "hang" in the right spot. Giggle the lug as you tighten. Works really well, and doesn't take much additional time. Removing them, not as efficient.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Sam
One last question in my search for tires

Will you be running the QTP on the street?
Drive to the track on them?

After thinking about it
I may want a tire that is street friendly.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Yes I'll definitely be driving these on the street. Mostly just for the track weekends. That's why I chose them over a full slick. So far I have put over 200 miles on them and they're awesome. I really forget they're on there sometimes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back