18" MTs

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Nice going congrats. How does your wife do?
She is less consistent on the tree than me, but she won a trophy last week for the Super Street ET class (7.50 index). It was her 2nd trophy, so she was stoked!:clap: I think it kind of annoyed her that I had about 15 trophies so far and she only had one.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He is talking about street tires and that's what MT has been promising for over a year now - except they were supposed to have a 305/45 too. That's why I say it's clear cut. Even with stock gears, with that saleen and a stroked motor, he wants a 28" on the street.

That was my point.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that at that track they give out a trophy for best reaction time of the night. So, on a few runs each night, I intentionally take a shot at the tree hoping to get that perfect 0.500 light (and the trophy that goes with it). I won it a two races ago with a 0.501 light. :trophy:

Trophy whore!!! How many now? You're going to need a bigger house...:clap:

don_w

Reaction score
He is talking about street tires and that's what MT has been promising for over a year now - except they were supposed to have a 305/45 too. That's why I say it's clear cut. Even with stock gears, with that saleen and a stroked motor, he wants a 28" on the street.

That was my point.
Except the new M/T tires are drag radials, not pure street tires... could go either way.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Except the new M/T tires are drag radials, not pure street tires... could go either way.

Okay, I cannot argue that...:beer:

15 & 2 that-a-boys!!!! :beer:

Okay, for less than a year, that is REALLY friggin' good. Then again, after 350+ runs, I better be damn good too!:victory:

paco_pony

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It doesn't stand for anything - but it does mean something... There are too many mikec's in the world...

Brilliant!! Right there in front of my face and didn't even see it.

Not a stalker but I googled "Cekim" because my curiosity was piqued. All these Turkish websites with Arabic characters came up. Piqued curiosity even further--that's why I asked.

Back on topic, talller tires=more traction esp. for cars with big power adders that are going to be traction limited regardless of gearing. There is a reason farm tractors plowing muddy fields have those bigass tires and not little civic 12"s.

S

stroker

don_w said:
Did he ask about what tire he should be using? I thought he was just providing new info he got from M/T.

You are correct Don. Just for your info Mark I will be running M&H 325/45R17 at the drags. I ran MTs last season before the gear change and they hooked great. For the street I run right now BFG 285x40x18.
I realize they are 27" but as much power that I have now I can pretty much smoke anything out there while being safe like driving in the rain.

Last edited by a moderator:

don_w

Reaction score
Just for your info Mark I will be running M&H 325/45R17 at the drags.
I'll be curious to hear your thoughts about them at the track. Those will be my next street tire, but I won't run them at the track.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back