2005 4.6 GT 5 speed - Need Supplier for new door cards

Thomas Messink

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Well, I'm done re-gluing the leather back onto my door cards. I've done it for long enough. I'm to the point where I'm afraid to leave the car in the heat in fear the leather will come off again.
My door cards are the black ones with the red leather insert.
I need some recommendations on replacement door cards and where to get them.
I did a forum search thinking I would find something in the archives, but no luck.
Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!
Tom

rocky61201

forum member
Reaction score
I've re-glued my enough times to know that next time I will pay a local custom upholstery shop to do it for me. Couldn't hurt to put some money back into the local economy either.

Mine if an 06GT with deluxe red leather interior as well. I've completely disassembled the door panel and ground off the fiber backing from the door panel and completed cleaned the red leather and re-glued with the best 3M glue I could buy. But I'm still not as good as the artisans that do this stuff every day. You can find new inserts on American muscle and other vendor websites. You may skills but some things are better left to the guys that do this stuff for a living.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
moved to chat....

asking how to fix is tech... where to buy replacement is chat. Thank you

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got tired of fucking with them and replaced mine with these a couple of years ago

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Someone used to make a carbon fiber insert. Looked really nice too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Works fine for me. I clicked it and it takes you to here https://tinyurl.com/yd2qzbpy

That one works. I’m on Tapatalk so maybe that’s the culprit, this is what I get with the first one
2df300cafb66fb97688213735117bd0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are they pretty nice?
They fit well, and they are textured. So it doesn't look like just a piece of plastic slapped on the door panel.

The only thing is you need to be a little careful when doing the install. Instructions tell you to hold them in place with painters tape until the silicone adhesive dries. Well, my dumb ass left it like that for about a week until I got around to finishing. When I removed the tape it took a little of the paint off of one of the panels. I emailed them and asked them specifics about the paint so I could touch it up. They wouldn't give me info on the paint. But did volunteer to send me a new set if I would send the old ones back.

07 Boss

Reaction score
They fit well, and they are textured. So it doesn't look like just a piece of plastic slapped on the door panel.

The only thing is you need to be a little careful when doing the install. Instructions tell you to hold them in place with painters tape until the silicone adhesive dries. Well, my dumb ass left it like that for about a week until I got around to finishing. When I removed the tape it took a little of the paint off of one of the panels. I emailed them and asked them specifics about the paint so I could touch it up. They wouldn't give me info on the paint. But did volunteer to send me a new set if I would send the old ones back.

So they come painted? My car is reaching that old age and I was looking at color matching a set of these with my Satin Silver exterior.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score

would you mind posting some pictures? I need to pick some up.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back