2005 Mustang GT 4.6L mystery gremlin

cwaypony

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Ford dealer now says that Fomoco answered his query and was told this part is obsolete - not available at all from Ford. I will give your suggestion a call. I am very surprised there is no support from Ford. I'm a long time customer - this is my fourth Mustang. Looks like I have to count on other resources. Thanks again.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
In fooling with these dash clusters for months, I can say the mileage is hard wired into the cluster period and no where is it in the PCM or anyplace else. So all dashes for mileage seem to me it's the cluster. Ford was on the right track with PATS reprograming but no reprograming of PATS will fix a bad cluster and they do go bad. It is EZ to get a new cluster from Ford if you keep to the same type and kind. It just takes money. In some cases, lots of it.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Ford dealer now says that Fomoco answered his query and was told this part is obsolete - not available at all from Ford. I will give your suggestion a call. I am very surprised there is no support from Ford. I'm a long time customer - this is my fourth Mustang. Looks like I have to count on other resources. Thanks again.
You might try this.............
If you have the actual FoMoCo part# for the particular PCM you need for your car, go on EBay, go into the Automotive Parts section then type the FoMoCo part# into search to see if you get any hits. The hits will most likely be from actual Ford dealers who have online EBay stores that also have a line on which Ford warehouses around the USA that still have that part in their inventory....just not listed on the main Ford inventory system anymore.

Been here, done this before on acquiring "discontinued" Ford parts for my Stang (Glass Roof sunshade slide assembly). What your local Ford dealer told you is most likely true concerning the main Ford parts inventory system that the dealers all use (Ford usually starts to discontinue carrying replacement parts 10 yrs past a MY's production\warranty period) but this doesn't mean that the part is not still around somewhere in a Ford parts warehouse. Some of the more savvy Ford dealers will set up an online EBay store then sell these "discontinued" parts thru their EBay store......usually at a pretty sizeable price discount to boot so it's worth a shot to see if 1 is available.

I found my part a full yr after my local Ford dealer told me that it had been discontinued.....thru Sunshine Ford's online EBay store in Fontana, CA.......

You might get lucky............

Hope this helps.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Ok so the PCM is defective. Ford doesn't have the one I need and no guess on when they will. Anyone have any good experience with other suppliers? carcomputerexchange, flagship one etc

Okay, how did you determine that the PCM is defective?

cwaypony

Reaction score
Ford dealer (2nd one) has done all of the testing and brought it down to the PCM - however I will double check that the fuel filter relay and inertia switch have been checked. Once again the symptoms are that however the car runs perfect (instruments and all) for 30 minutes and then shuts off (whether it sits and idles or I'm driving). Try to restart there is no click, no crank just dashes where the odometer reading should be and no coms with the pcm - all auxilliary power is fine - wipers,fan,radio etc. Let the car sit for most of the day - jump in the car and it starts again like there was never anything wrong - thirty minutes later shuts off...........
Will check out the suggestions for finding a PCM - thanks to all the help so far -

Back