2007 heated seat wiring question

Doug B

Reaction score
I have 2 2007 GTs. Mine has heated seats my girlfriends does not. I am thinking about trying to put heated seats in that one and was wondering if they all maybe used the same wiring harness from 2007-2009 whether they had heated seats or not. It would be awesome if you could just swap a heated seat into car that did not have them from factory and simply add the switches without swapping the whole wiring harness. The second car also only has power seat on drivers side (what dummy thought of that option?)

I know on some cars to save money they all use the same wiring harness and just have extra wires if options are not on that car and was hoping somebody had ever done that kind of swap.

-Doug

Deathstang II

Reaction score
Bit late to the party but made this video when I was putting a cheap ass chinese kit into mine. Needless to say I'd look into a dealership quality kit as these dont nearly heat up as good as something factory.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Why not though? Original poster had 2 posts and it was followed by someone with one post. LOL!

Anything's possible.

But the short answer is no, it won't work that way. Most of the wiring is not there and at least 1 module has to be changed. Much easier to install an aftermarket kit.

MrBhp

Reaction score
I guess resurrecting an old thread works. Looks like he got his answer after all. I wouldn't mind having heated seats myself. It's a question I've asked myself a few times. (The wiring thing)

DieHarder

Reaction score
There's an alternative to heated seats; sheep skins. I use black ones. A decent pair is ~$200. Warm in winter and cool in summer. Works for me anyway.

Back