2007 mstang engine swap

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Why dont you just do a big Cubic inch 5.4 base or a boss block with a 4v head and a big single turbo. You can make 1000 hp with a 3v head so your limits with a GT500 head would be higher.

If I were you, I would build a big bore with a stroke throw a 76-80mm turbo on it, work the 3v heads and make 1000 hp all day.

STL2SLO

Reaction score

Figured you would go motec. You ever heard f.a.s.t. or fuel air spark technology ? It's more than capable of supporting anything I want to do for half the price. See thats the problem with people like you think high price tags always means its better. No wonder why u would waste all ur money buying shit that in my book that is over rated. If you would have read my op you would see I.planned on autometer gauges. Systems like that is just a waste of money for what I want to do. Again if you dont have anything to add tech wise no need to bother responding.

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
Yeah I completely understand what everyone is saying. Im comletely aware of 4.6l is capable of doing. Just not.wanting to limited on cubes for future plans. I was asking the question jist find out ,what all the ecu is tied too. That way when I make my decision I will already know what to expect. I inderstand everyones point on the cost side it could.all be very.costly with a few mistakes. That I knknow fo a fact. You every run at the dragway?

I've never gone haha

Sent from my helicopter

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stroked Raptor motor would feed your cubic inches needs quite nicely.
Just sayin'

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

STL2SLO

Reaction score
Yeah 15k for a short block? could have the push rod motor,ems,and turbo done for that. No including what it would take and to do the swap. Guys I'm not.just.going to wasting money like some would. I have a history in push rods motors and cand everything but the machine work myself. Now I'm saying I couldn't do a mod motor but generally they cost more to build. With my other options I have options. I could just throw a carb on it with a little nitrous just to have fun. Just more options available to none mod motors when it comes drag racing.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Figured you would go motec. You ever heard f.a.s.t. or fuel air spark technology ? It's more than capable of supporting anything I want to do for half the price. See thats the problem with people like you think high price tags always means its better. No wonder why u would waste all ur money buying shit that in my book that is over rated. If you would have read my op you would see I.planned on autometer gauges. Systems like that is just a waste of money for what I want to do. Again if you dont have anything to add tech wise no need to bother responding.

How much is the FAST system you would go with?

How much would you spend in Auto Meter gauges?

STL2SLO

Reaction score
Since it will be a drag car why not just do a 5.0 swap like Matt D did and instead of the regular 5.0 give the guys at JPC a call and order this some bitch
http://www.jpcracing.com/coyote-stroker-short-block-351ci/

Throw a turbo at it and call it a day

Example why I prefer a push rod build over modular.
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/FORD-RACING-427-CUBIC-INCHES-BOSS-SHORT-BLOCK.html

I not no means saying a mod can't compete with a push rod motor. But there is a reason my mosr guys choose not use them in drag racing. there's a lotta reasons people pick a push rod engines over mod motors is because the ease of tear down and assembly.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Example why I prefer a push rod build over modular.
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/FORD-RACING-427-CUBIC-INCHES-BOSS-SHORT-BLOCK.html

I not no means saying a mod can't compete with a push rod motor. But there is a reason my mosr guys choose not use them in drag racing. there's a lotta reasons people pick a push rod engines over mod motors is because the ease of tear down and assembly.

Believe me I get it, I was just throwing that out there as an expensive option lol.

Also, if you do decide to go that block these guys have much cheaper prices than Livernois does if you do decide to go with an FRPP block in case you didn't know about them.

http://fordracingparts123.com/engin...m-6009-427f/?gclid=CMi6xpjsjroCFYmf4Aod8Q8A2w

Now back to the discussion at hand :clap:

Actually I would really like to see what a mod motor can do if it was 427 CI. Hell you can make 600HP N/A from the 5.0 from what I am told ... Sorry just thinking out loud lol

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Actually I would really like to see what a mod motor can do if it was 427 CI. Hell you can make 600HP N/A from the 5.0 from what I am told ... Sorry just thinking out loud lol

We never will. There is no such thing as a MOD motor that gets even close to 427cu in. The MOD motor's 100mm bore centers prevent any sort of big cube arrangement.

STL2SLO

Reaction score
We never will. There is no such thing as a MOD motor that gets even close to 427cu in. The MOD motor's 100mm bore centers prevent any sort of big cube arrangement.

This is completely true a modular engine will always be limited for cubes by design. Unless ford completely redesigns the block, which will never happen. To be honest I bet they wished they had stayed with a push rod design like chevy did. There is a reason ls motors are so much cheaper than modular engines.They are cheaper to build and manufacture by design and just as efficient. If ford could have looked into the future to see the technology advancements that has been made. They would have scraped the mod motor idea. This is also why it took so long for the aftermarket to support the mod motors. If you new to mod motors and was playing with them in 90's like I was. There wasn't a lot of after market support.

Last edited:

STL2SLO

Reaction score
How much is the FAST system you would go with?

How much would you spend in Auto Meter gauges?

Two things is said about this post and one of the main things is you really have no clue on the cost of things. If you have any parts catalogs summit,jegs or any i don't what car it is. There is a whole section for auto meter. Pick it up and figure up the prices not much, still wouldn't equal out to what u figure for a dash.For the system well it would depend if i wanted a complete system or just engine management with a harness now wouldn't it? If I went the engine management and harness 2400 at the most depending on the features I choose. Basic system falls under 2k.This really gives no credibility to any of the prices you have quoted on here. Which to be honest I didn't pay any attention to any of it. I just come on here for a technical view on what the ecu is tied too. Instead of finding out the hard way. Like in some of s-10 I have done (ls swaps). It was easier to leave the ecu in and run a separate ecu for the engine.

STL2SLO

Reaction score
I'm just going to ride over to JMS and pick some brains. Hell was planning to go that WAY anyways. Cruisin the coast is going on right now.

Last edited:

STL2SLO

Reaction score
I've never gone haha

Sent from my helicopter

So you have never been but given advice on a engine builds?:wtf: You should go one night. Test n Tune nights you pay one fee run all night for fun or cash money bets on the side like we do.

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
I'll head down one day. I just moved to mobile and never had a drag strip close to me before that.

Sent from my helicopter

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Two things is said about this post and one of the main things is you really have no clue on the cost of things. If you have any parts catalogs summit,jegs or any i don't what car it is. There is a whole section for auto meter. Pick it up and figure up the prices not much, still wouldn't equal out to what u figure for a dash.For the system well it would depend if i wanted a complete system or just engine management with a harness now wouldn't it? If I went the engine management and harness 2400 at the most depending on the features I choose. Basic system falls under 2k.This really gives no credibility to any of the prices you have quoted on here. Which to be honest I didn't pay any attention to any of it. I just come on here for a technical view on what the ecu is tied too. Instead of finding out the hard way. Like in some of s-10 I have done (ls swaps). It was easier to leave the ecu in and run a separate ecu for the engine.

Your right, clearly I’m clueless and know nothing about making HP or what it costs. Sorry for screwing up your thread.

STL2SLO

Reaction score
Your right, clearly I’m clueless and know nothing about making HP or what it costs. Sorry for screwing up your thread.
I wasn't trying to insult you from my last post. But being honest about the cost of thing for what I intend to do. I never came on here for someone to speak to me about cost. I was well aware of the cost of things before I decided to go this route. Maybe you know about building cars for what ever it is you do. You must know something about the modular motors. I seen that in your previous post. The reason for the stand alone is so I can make changes on the fly. It can data log everything for every run and adjustments can be made between runs and i can also account for weather conditions. Yes it maybe going over board for what I ever I decide to build but that is a good habit in my book. I spend money on things I don't plan on out growing. But drag racing has never been a rich man sport like road racing is. Road racing cost way more in my book than drag racing. Yeah suspension can get expensive in road racing I learned that with my bmw. Short lived moment in my life. I take everyone's advice that is sound into account. But I viewed it as thread jacking and kind of a insult to me. No harm no foul it's all good. If you curious at what it takes or how I plan to handle something. I would be more than happy to answer any and all questions. I may even do a build thread idk. I usually don't tend to do that sort of thing as I would rather people not know what I have done. As it is a big disadvantage for me. I race for cash bets and when racing a slower car I throttle a lot to make it close race. so I can out run the next fastest guy.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
This is completely true a modular engine will always be limited for cubes by design. Unless ford completely redesigns the block, which will never happen. To be honest I bet they wished they had stayed with a push rod design like chevy did. There is a reason ls motors are so much cheaper than modular engines.They are cheaper to build and manufacture by design and just as efficient. If ford could have looked into the future to see the technology advancements that has been made. They would have scraped the mod motor idea. This is also why it took so long for the aftermarket to support the mod motors. If you new to mod motors and was playing with them in 90's like I was. There wasn't a lot of after market support.

I couldn't disagree more. You're stuck on your impression of mod motors from the 90's. A LOT has changed. They're incredibly efficient, easy to work on, cheap to build, and make ridiculous amounts of power with less cubes. Compare the 444hp Boss 5.0L to the 426hp 1LE 6.2L GM -As efficient? No. Or, how about the 662hp supercharged 5.8L GT500 vs the 580hp supercharged 6.2L ZL1? Hmm, not even close there either. So why on earth would Ford even think about more cubes, or pushrods? They won't. There's no reason to fix something that isn't broken.

My 800hp 5.4L is still all stock except the supercharger. It idles like glass, gets 20mpg, and could be driven across the country in any weather conditions without a hiccup. I couldn't ask for anything more. I've had my share of pushrod motors, and I'll never look back.

I think you're stuck on pushrod's not for the reasons you say, but because it's all you know.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back