2008 Bullitt misfire problems

stormy69

Bullitt
Reaction score
So, my son bought this used about 2 months ago, 125k miles. Ran great and he has put about 7k miles on it. He moved to Cheyenne for the Air National Guard so i am not with him to actually lay hands on the car.

He had 11 codes pop up and it is running very rough. It rained the same day so he is trying to equate the 2. the obvious codes are random misfire and cyl 5, 7, 8 misfire.

he has the updated heads so plugs coming apart isnt a worry

So far;
swapped coil packs, no change
checked for spark, its there
replaced plugs on 5-8, no change

i had him order a noid light set today to verify the injector signal, as all i see left are injectors or wiring for them barring 3 cylinders suddenly had a failure and no compression. no strange noises so that seems unlikely to me.
Car is stock other than k&n and pypes muffler back deletes.

anyone have other ideas or experiences?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
SJB got wet, possibly? Lots of old threads and info on it. check the passenger floorboard and kick panel area for moisture.

stormy69

Bullitt
Reaction score
To all of my s197 and bullitt buddies, thanks for the ideas, i was unaware of the SJB and have now done some research, i will have him check that in the morning as it would seem to be the likely culprit at this time. In the mean time, the first trouble code list retrieved is below...

The original list;
P0018
P0022
P0300
P0305
P0307
P0308
P0316
P0443
P0481
P0622
P2198

stormy69

Bullitt
Reaction score
Son says the floors are dry... any other thoughts? CPS is looking like a maybe as pointed out above...

There were no codes at all prior to this sudden gremlin....

P0018 cps
P0022 "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Retarded
P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0305 Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected
P0307 Cylinder 7 Misfire Detected
P0308 Cylinder 8 Misfire Detected
P0316 Engine Misfire Detected on Startup (First 1000 Revolutions)
P0443 Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit
P0481 Fan 2 Control Circuit
P0622 Generator Field/F Terminal Circuit
P2198 O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Rich

stormy69

Bullitt
Reaction score
he has done this after each change ie: swap coil packs, clear codes, start, read codes. there are fewer but i will verify the current list.

stormy69

Bullitt
Reaction score
Well, he drove the car today, and............... no codes... i am going to assume it is the SJB and he has been instructed to follow the DIY guide to seal up the cowl.

Thanks for all the constructive input!

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
maybe unrelated but i had an 02 sensor harness get chaffed and it threw 14 codes at once for all kinds of shit and run like crap. wouldnt let my fan work and threw a few of those same codes

stormy69

Bullitt
Reaction score
resealed gaskets, one receptacle seemed to be missing on the outboard passenger side? o2's were fine and no issues since but the weather hasnt been bad either.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
resealed gaskets, one receptacle seemed to be missing on the outboard passenger side? o2's were fine and no issues since but the weather hasnt been bad either.

Receptacle for what? The passenger side front o2 is on the midpipe. Is that the one you can't find?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back