2008 Bullitt mufflers

Mustang Sue

Reaction score
Hi I have 2006 Mustang GT I have 2008 Bullet mufflers that I'm deciding whether to install. I understand the car these came off had from the factory had a modified H pipe.
I'm curious to know how good or how bad it will sound. I have SSS Terminators that I love but they bother some people.
So I wonder if they sound OK if anyone has them. I love the growl my SSS's make though. Thank you

Mustang Sue

Reaction score
As Arnold Schwarzenegger would say, "Do it. Do it now!". You'll love the deep gargly sound.
Dino ( While I pinch and lightly slap your face "You're a good boy you no lie ok? "OK, Now we understand each other, hey have a canoli.." Lol jk I appreciate it, thank you!

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
You like the SSS, it is your car.

I am also running the SSS 'mufflers'. (in quotes as they are straight through lol). Replaced Pypes duals when I still had the v6. Pypes sounded a bit ricey, and when the hangers broke, I put those on. Sounded so much better. Than I added 2 more cylinders, now those sound awesome!

Mustang Sue

Reaction score
You like the SSS, it is your car.

I am also running the SSS 'mufflers'. (in quotes as they are straight through lol). Replaced Pypes duals when I still had the v6. Pypes sounded a bit ricey, and when the hangers broke, I put those on. Sounded so much better. Than I added 2 more cylinders, now those sound awesome!

Mustang Sue

Reaction score
Yes adding the extra two cylinders makes a difference. Lol Yes I had a 2002 V6 that was an excellent car. But the GT is what I could never buy. But my point is what a difference, whew. Lol
I thank you for reminding me it's my car and the sound of the SSS is fantastic. My daughter said the same, it's your car. You know I respect people come out and remind me of things. I'm usually the one to say it. Lol

Mustang Sue

Reaction score
Here's a curve...if you can get your hands on a set of FR-500-S mufflers, they're same sound as OEM Bullitt, but LOUDER. :D
I seen some on the Marketplace last fall on Facebook for cheap. And then people caught onto that people were buying them used then they jacked up the price. I heard they were great.

Aerofinz

Reaction score
I seen some on the Marketplace last fall on Facebook for cheap. And then people caught onto that people were buying them used then they jacked up the price. I heard they were great.

Your Bullitt's are worth money too. I had a set of both the Bullitt's (M-5230-GTB) and Shelby GT (M-5230-GTA) for sale last spring in fact they were posted on this forum. The GTA's (never mounted in original box) sold in less than 30 minutes on Ebay for $550. The GTB's similar. I think you'll be happy with the Bullitt's!

Mustang Sue

Reaction score
Your Bullitt's are worth money too. I had a set of both the Bullitt's (M-5230-GTB) and Shelby GT (M-5230-GTA) for sale last spring in fact they were posted on this forum. The GTA's (never mounted in original box) sold in less than 30 minutes on Ebay for $550. The GTB's similar. I think you'll be happy with the Bullitt's!

Mustang Sue

Reaction score
Pardon but Jesus!!! Thank you for telling me!! Yes I had seen them for a couple hundred and paid 150 for them. Before that I grabbed a pair of like new Pypes Violaters from an older man for 40. I said what? I figured for that price go for it. Nothing seems to be loose inside or anything.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I run Kooks long tubes, off road H with 12” cherry bomb glass packs for resonators and Flowmasters that I replaced the tips. I get compliments all the time on the sound. It is a little loud though for some peoples taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustang Sue

Reaction score
I run Kooks long tubes, off road H with 12” cherry bomb glass packs for resonators and Flowmasters that I replaced the tips. I get compliments all the time on the sound. It is a little loud though for some peoples taste.

Oh I bet it does sound great! That combo is freaking cool.

Reaction score
I have Kooks Longtubes running into the H-pipe with Mac Mufflers and it's way too loud. It was loud before the long tubes and now it's just too much for my comfort. My wife hates me modifying the car again but if I can warn anyone do not get mac axleback mufflers with kooks longtubes unless you love making your neighbors mad at ya.

Mustang Sue

Reaction score
I have Kooks Longtubes running into the H-pipe with Mac Mufflers and it's way too loud. It was loud before the long tubes and now it's just too much for my comfort. My wife hates me modifying the car again but if I can warn anyone do not get mac axleback mufflers with kooks longtubes unless you love making your neighbors mad at ya.
Lol ! Thanks I appreciate it! My husband isn't keen on mods. I always was. He can repair cars like my Dad but no mods. Lol So he always became worried when I was looking at things for my car. But he never complained or insulted it. He knows anyway I'm going to do it no matter what. Ha!

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score

I had that exact same problem, I loved my MAC mufflers until I did long tubes and a catless X, then they just became too much. Went to Shelby GT mufflers and it’s much more tolerable, you can actually talk in the car now!

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
I had that exact same problem, I loved my MAC mufflers until I did long tubes and a catless X, then they just became too much. Went to Shelby GT mufflers and it’s much more tolerable, you can actually talk in the car now!

I have Kooks long tube headers with the high-flow cat X pipe yet to be put on. I also have the GTA (Shelby GT) mufflers. I hope it’s not too loud when I get around to installing them

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
I have Kooks long tube headers with the high-flow cat X pipe yet to be put on. I also have the GTA (Shelby GT) mufflers. I hope it’s not too loud when I get around to installing them

I think you’ll like it, especially with the cats still on there. It’s not too crazy loud with those Shelby mufflers.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back