2008 GT engine wiring harness compatibility? Whipple hesitation / surging, codes P0010 P0113

tabstang

Reaction score
I've got hesitation on throttle tip-in followed by an rpm surge on my 08 GT manual trans. with Whipple 2.3 kit. I modified some engine wiring, including adding an intake air temp sensor while installing the Whipple. I'm getting codes P0010 and P0113, and then the "charging system" light came on (after installing a rebuilt alternator, thinking that was the source of the P0010 code).

I'm considering replacing the wiring harness, cuz the thought of tracking down faults makes my head spin. Can anyone here tell me what cars I can use the harness from? Does it have to be the exact car or can I use other years, automatic trans, etc.

I would also appreciate any input regarding diagnosing and repairing the codes.

Thanks for your help!

tabstang

Reaction score
BTW I should add that I have 100# injectors on this thing - super overkill I know but that's what the kit came with (the guy I got the kit from told me he was paranoid about leaning out so oversized them). Custom tune was done by Delk here in Nashville.

07 Boss

Reaction score
So you just installed the whipple or has that stuff been on the car for a while?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I'd get another alternator before I would go after the harness.
Plus, the entire charging system has a total of 5 wires. One large positive lead to the battery, the engine ground, and 3 on the regulator IIRC. Much rather check those 3, the most likely place for a wiring issue.

DieHarder

Reaction score
You're problems are more than likely something you've added, moved, changed or modified. Go back over every wire, connector and item you touched. Re-verify all wiring positions, colors, connections and connectors. Check all manifold connections/gaskets/hoses. Anything that can cause an air leak. Were you supercharged before and just upgrading? When you added the IAT sensor did you add it as a separate circuit or plumb it into an existing circuit/wiring?

Alternator: You might want to check the output. The other item to look at is a loss of ground. To test add a good size (04) gauge temp wire from the passenger strut tower to one of the mounting bolts on the alternator. If the idiot lights go out the engine grounds could use a good cleaning.

tabstang

Reaction score
Sorry for ghosting. I worked it out and was ready to lambaste my tuner. Decided to shut up until I cooled down.

I started by replacing the alternator - no effect.

I had upgraded from a Roush M90. My tuner plumbed a new IAT sensor existing circuit/wiring. AC wasn't working, a shop showed me the AIT was showing like -25 degrees - so it was the IAT sensor, either bad sensor or bad wiring (the tuner's fault hence my anger). I replaced their pigtail with an extension cable (needed for the Whipple setup), to use the IAT in the Ford MAF and that solved the issue.

I'm recently having some other issues, will start a new post.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back