2008 GT M/T not starting

Jello_08GT

Reaction score
So I put my Forscan on the moment the car wouldn't start and i got the following readings, anyone knows what this means all I deduct from this is SHORT somewhere. Car started fine after i closed the laptop , go figure. I wanna say thank you again to everyone that helped me so far, never imagined that my 12yo car that never gave me a single issue is giving me this nightmare :( I attached the log below. Thanks again in advance :)

Attachments

• shorts.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 6

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
The only faults that concern me are the battery voltage ones. Like "out of range", I never seen that on mine, ever. That is where I would go with my diags. What is common to modules reporting battery voltage issues..
U codes ignore, those get set just about any time you 'reboot' your car. (battery disconnect) Same for lost communication codes unless they are hard codes, and the loss of communication still exists. Otherwise, ignore them for now.

Jello_08GT

Reaction score
After further testing, i can't find nothing concrete, it start and then it doesn't.
I'm researching PCM pins, and pin 10 is a ground on C175B for the PCM, that one checked out , ohm results and continuity are fine touching the chassis, however pin 47,48,49,50 are also ground for other PCM controlled stuff like MAF, i did a test on those and I have no ground there, well 2 are just blank, other 2 have a weird number, continuity test doesn't beep. Not sure if is normal or not but that seems suspicious. Any ideas ?

ground PMC.png

DieHarder

Reaction score
If you're missing ground at any of them that's not normal.... Pins 47, 48, 49, 50 should see a direct connection to ground at all times (See grounds pg 10-1 in wiring diagrams). If you cannot read a solid ground (solid beep or less than an ohm) at any one of them trace the wires from C175B to S115 (splice point) and then on to their ground point G102 (check out component locations pg 151-2 in wiring diagrams). Disconnect the ground side (G102) and do continuity checks from end to end (and then at the splice point back to pins 47-50) on each of them. If you don't get less than an ohm I would suspect physical wiring or end connections. Clean the ground and ground eyelet; reconnect and check ohms again from each pin to ground (flex the wiring while you're doing it to see if the reading changes on any of them). Look for corrosion or other issues with the wiring. If you identify any wiring that is definitely not making a connection (end to end/end to ground) you may need to remove tape/insulation to trace them and determine if any wiring is open or has failed due to corrosion or connection points.

From your description of intermittent starting; then disconnecting/reconnecting the PCM ground appears to change your symptoms so this may be the problem or at least one of them. You can also try adding a temporary ground from the PCM body to the main ground at the passenger strut tower to see if that changes/improves your symptoms.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I’m just going to throw this out there but most of your codes have to do with the sjb. Has it been messed with recently? Has it gotten wet? Have you load tested the battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DETROIT

Reaction score
What kind of condition is the engine harness in? Have you installed parts that had to be wired in? How dose the engine and cab fuse boxEs look? Also the age and condition of the battery?
When you cleaned the terminals and other contacts was there any corrosion?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back