2010-11 Front Side Lamp Install

SF18C

Reaction score
Side Lamps from StangMods
Smoked Turn Signal Lens + Chrome/Amber Bulb Package for all 10-11 (sold in pairs) Sale Price $74.90

http://www.stangmods.com/Smoked-Turn-Signal-Lenses-for-2010-Mustang-p/01070.htm

Without the Chrome/Amber Bulbs Sale Price $59.95

http://www.stangmods.com/Smoked-Turn-Signal-Lenses-for-2010-Mustang-p/01069.htm

Tools: 7mm socket & 10mm Open-end Wrench

tools.jpg

Time: 20 minutes
This is a pretty easy swap. Originally I ordered the set with the Chrome Amber bulbs but after I installed them I thought the regular amber bulbs actually looked better. Oh well $15 wasted! But I think the smoked lenses look great on a black car.

Start by turning the front wheels to the inside to give you some working room.
Remove 3 bolts with the 7mm socket. Two are on the fender and one is underneath.

photo-1.jpg

bolt2.jpg

Pull back the plastic wheel liner so you can access the back of the lamp.

slot.jpg

Using the 10mm wrench, remove the locking fasteners on the back side of the side lamp. Take care with these fasteners as they are thin stamped sheet metal and could easily bend out of shape…the kit does not come with new fasteners.

fastner.jpg

Notice the "bite" in the plastic studs on the amber lamp and not on the smoked lamp.

lamps.jpg

Once loose, unscrew the bulb socket. Replace clear bulb with amber bulb. Remove the side lamp and replace with the smoked lens.
bulb.jpg

remove.jpg

replace.jpg

Now replace the two fasteners, again take care as these fasteners actually cut into the plastic studs on the lenses. Do not over tighten but make sure the side lamps are snug to the fender. Replace the light socket.

installed.jpg

Test lights!
Slide plastic wheel well liner in place and reattach the 3 bolts with the 7mm socket.
Turn the front wheels to the opposite side and repeat the process on the other side!

front.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I removed mine and tinted them all (front and rears) the first week I had the car. I have kona blue and the black looks great! good write up though.

Back