2010 GT500 - Factory Stopped Production?

StockNoMo

2010 GT500 Triple Black
Reaction score
I'm hearing from a few local dealerships the factory has stopped production/delivery of the car. They claim they don't know why, but some speculate a problem they are trying to fix before units ship; i.e. avoiding a recall.

Anyone else heard of what is going on?

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing from a few local dealerships the factory has stopped production/delivery of the car. They claim they don't know why, but some speculate a problem they are trying to fix before units ship; i.e. avoiding a recall.

Anyone else heard of what is going on?

That and the GT's as well..They are calling it a quality control issue. I am still waiting for my first 2010 to hit my dealership, its 2 months late. its being held along with a bunch more..

StockNoMo

2010 GT500 Triple Black
Reaction score
Local dealerships have regular 2010 GT's, no GT500. Checked NHTSB web site and no recall. I did see a recall on the 2010 Camaro V8's.

Make: CHEVROLET Model: CAMAROModel Year: 2010Manufacturer: GENERAL MOTORS CORP.Mfr's Report Date: MAY 06, 2009NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09V155000 N/A
NHTSA Action Number: N/A Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:BATTERY:CABLESPotential Number of Units Affected: 1243Summary:
spacer.gif
GM IS RECALLING 1,243 MY 2010 CHEVROLET CAMARO EQUIPPED WITH A V8 ENGINE. THE POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE MAY CONTACT THE STARTER MOTOR HOUSING AND CAUSE WEAR ON THE CABLE INSULATION. IF THE INSULATION WEARS THROUGH TO THE CABLE, IT COULD CREATE A SHORT. Consequence:
spacer.gif
A SHORT COULD RESULT IN A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE THE VEHICLE TO STALL WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO RESTART, OR RESULT IN AN ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE.Remedy:
spacer.gif
DEALERS WILL REROUTE THE POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE TO ENSURE ADEQUATE CLEARANCE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON MAY 6, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHEVROLET AT 1-800-630-2438 OR AT WWW.GMOWNERCENTER.COM.Notes:
spacer.gif
GM RECALL NO. 090121. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .

Last edited:

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
GM can afford a recall... after all, they have Billions of our tax dollars..

SilverBullitGT

forum member
Reaction score
yeah that shit cracks me up so many ppl are driving off the lot and they break down...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back