2010 Shaker 1000 question

Gruca

World's Slowest 3v Owner
Reaction score
So one of my subs blew out and I cannot find the replacement on-line anywhere. I've searched Tasca, White Bear Auto Nation, and the only place I find them is on E-bay. Does anyone know the part number to this thing? I have it out of the car, but none of the numbers on it bring me any results when I search for them on the Ford parts sites.

I have no intention on upgrading the subs as I have no desire to buy amps and do any wiring. I just want the factory sub, but I'm Google challenged apparently...

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Try messaging Steve@Tasca here on the forum. He was able to help me out when I couldn't find what I was lookin for online.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I though the shaker 1000 only had a single 10", but looking at the pix, I see it has 2 of em. Any 10" generic sub woofer may well fit. If the foam surround material has a hole in it, it can be replaced, some places specialize in that work.

Gruca

World's Slowest 3v Owner
Reaction score
I though the shaker 1000 only had a single 10", but looking at the pix, I see it has 2 of em. Any 10" generic sub woofer may well fit. If the foam surround material has a hole in it, it can be replaced, some places specialize in that work.

The bottom of the foam part broke off of the cylindrical part it connects to. I don't know all the names of the different parts to talk about it intellectually...I'm guessing it's the cone broke apart from the driver. The actual come is still attached to the frame of the sub, but the bottom part of the cone where it's smallest broke apart from what it's connected to.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
The bottom of the foam part broke off of the cylindrical part it connects to. I don't know all the names of the different parts to talk about it intellectually...I'm guessing it's the cone broke apart from the driver. The actual come is still attached to the frame of the sub, but the bottom part of the cone where it's smallest broke apart from what it's connected to.

Bottom of cone..where it converges down to smallest diam..is where it attaches to the voice coil. ( if that's busted, its toast) Voice coil is just a bunch of turns of really small gauge wire. Audio is just AC, so the polarity of the voice coil keeps swapping from + to -. And the magnetism from the voice coil will either push /pull...against the permanent magnet right behind it.

I'm betting any generic 10" sub woofer will fit. they all seem to have the same mounting hole patterns.

Gruca

World's Slowest 3v Owner
Reaction score
Bottom of cone..where it converges down to smallest diam..is where it attaches to the voice coil. ( if that's busted, its toast) Voice coil is just a bunch of turns of really small gauge wire. Audio is just AC, so the polarity of the voice coil keeps swapping from + to -. And the magnetism from the voice coil will either push /pull...against the permanent magnet right behind it.

I'm betting any generic 10" sub woofer will fit. they all seem to have the same mounting hole patterns.

Yes, that exactly where it's broken, at the smallest diameter. I talked to Steve@Tasca and the subs are only sold as a entire setup. From the research I've been doing, most people have said that an aftermarket sub requires a different amp, which requires it to be wired separately, etc. I'm going to do some more research to figure out if there are subs out there that run at the same ohms as the factory amp. The Shaker 1000 setup has one amp per sub in the trunk.

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
Kicker offers a direct replacement package which is plug and play and has a built in amplifier. It would sit where you factory sub's are now.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Just measure the depth of the sub from top to bottom of the magnet and find a suitable 10 inch replacement. Some after market subs have a cover on the magnets that can be removed for more space. They are only cosmetic so can be run without them. I did the same for some 8 inch door replacements.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back