2011 GT results

Reaction score
For those who are not aware, We took delivery of our 2011 GT Manual Trans on Thursday evening (with 21 miles). We took the car to a track rental on friday put on by the guys over at mustangcollective.com.
On the factory wheels and tires the car went a handful of 13.1x and a 12.94, and a 12.95, best MPH was 111.
Drove the car to Atco for the NMRA event and ran truestreet, the car ran 12.77, 12.78, and 12.85 all at 112mph. 60fts all hovered around 2.0

So let me just say that the car is pretty stout in stock form, The e.t. above can be trimmed on a bit as I had wicked tire spin into second gear every time, with tires I would have to guess that the car would have 12.40's maybe even a .30.
Our car is just simply a 400a "premium" with no other options, 3.31 gears!
With a little over 1000 miles on the car I can say that this is definitly the best mustang GT ever made. Super Quiet, Super Comfortable, Super Fast.

All this at nearly 26mpg at nearly 85mph for each leg of the 900 plus mile round trip.

I'll try get up some vid and pics.

757gt

Reaction score
That's awesome! Are you guys going to test an auto at all? I am curious how that would run in stock form.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Congrats Mike. She is a beast and would kill those Pirellis in second.

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
damn,so when will you be putting turbo into it? I might have to sneak on over and see it. my girlfriend literally lives on sunset right across the street from you guys.

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
Pretty sick. I'll ask you since you seem to actually be forward and honest. How is the trans holding up? Any issues power shifting?

JimC

Reaction score
It was really great to see that 2011 come out of the trailer and make a pass - complete with window stickers still on!

Reaction score
damn,so when will you be putting turbo into it? I might have to sneak on over and see it. my girlfriend literally lives on sunset right across the street from you guys.
Swing by, the car is here for your viewing pleasure!

Pretty sick. I'll ask you since you seem to actually be forward and honest. How is the trans holding up? Any issues power shifting?

Hmmmm,the trans powershifts effortlessly. The factory shift is good and the gating is even better. You will have to try to miss a gear.
But I don't know how they'll hold up. The car has about 30 passes on it (all of which were powershifted) and it has developed a howell, sounds like a supercharger in nearly all gears.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, 12.70s while spinning in 2nd (and 112 mph) for a stock car is pretty stout indeed. When I first got my 05 back in 06, I needed a 100 shot to get into the 12.70s (everything else was stock).

So it looks like these 11's really are putting about 100 more rwhp to the ground vs the 3v.

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, 12.70s while spinning in 2nd (and 112 mph) for a stock car is pretty stout indeed. When I first got my 05 back in 06, I needed a 100 shot to get into the 12.70s (everything else was stock).

So it looks like these 11's really are putting about 100 more rwhp to the ground vs the 3v.

They are impressive for sure. Looking forward to seeing the aftermarket offerings in the near future.
Mike, someone was able to snap a shot of your pass with the window stickers still on out at Thompson:

mikeatthompson.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back