2011 lexus isf crushed for illegal street racing

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think the punishment is proportional to the crime.

I mean, that is like a $61,000 fine. Seems too steep for the crime. Slap him with a $5000 fine instead. But crush the car? Isn't our economy bad enough as it is without throwing away a car like that? Heck, give him some jail time, take away his license for a year, but a $61,000 "fine" is a heck of a lot for a moving violation.

Last edited:

dougie b

Reaction score
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/15357798/detail.html

I'm ok with this ^^..... but crushing in retrospect (toyota or not) is just plain evil. I'm sure it works though.

IMO street racing is a nostalgic foundation for the huge industry we are all a part of today, but now, with cars so widely available, it definitely doesn't belong on the streets filled with ignorant, distracted, yet innocent people.... just my 2 cents, but the thought of having my baby taken from me is HORRIBLE haha

-Doug

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like he should have not street raced.....then he would still have his car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xporter

Reaction score
lmfao :beerchug2:

Their was a mustang at the Knott's Ford show one year that left the event sideways. With 100's of people around crossing the road and almost causing a huge accident in the intersection, the cops took it right away. It was a complete show car too. The picture in the newspaper was the guy crying to his gf as his car was taken away on a flat bed

Their was a huge case that started because the state wanted to make an example out of him. It ended up not happening because of a good lawyer. But after this, we started hearing about many cars in the LA area getting crushed.

Their was a huge article in the news paper back in 03 I think about this law coming into high affect.

Funny, the street racing scene pretty much died shortly after
This one?

2i9k213.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have heard of them crushing cars, but only to offenders with several offenses. Was this the first time the driver of the Lexus was busted for street racing?

Me personally thinks the government has no right to do this. Revoke the drivers license, but not destroying property that does not belong to them.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
^ /agree

However a lot of people in this country really don't give a flying fuck in a rolling doughnut about anything as long as it doesn't affect them personally.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
If the LAPD Seizes the car than isnt it their property? The same as with drug dealer cars. IF thats the case than so be it they can crush light it on fire or shoot it out of a cannon for all I care yeah it sucks for the owner but than again he shouldnt have been street racing

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
two things: a drug seizure is usually followed by a felony. Drag racing is a misdemeanor in most states I believe. Definetly not justified to crush his car.

2nd thing: I heard that crushing a car is extremely damaging to teh enviroment, and as "green" as Cali is, an unnecessary crushing is pretty drastic...

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
Yep, total 4th and 14th Amendment violations if this is a true story, which I don't think it is.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
I lived in California , and met the owner of that car back in 2003. He deserves to have the car crushed he's a tool.
When I 1st went to these car shows I had never met so many BS artist in my life He use to tell everyone that his car made 1000 hp . Some people who knew me came up to me to have him race me . They thought I was a little cocky at 1st coming from Miami and telling him he was full of shit. You go to the car shows and everyone talks a big game , but he made himself look like a idiot when I pointed out there was no way the car would make the power he was claiming. He had a NOVI 2000 with the stock pulley still on it which is a 6 rib. He had a NX Direct port kit on the car plumbed into a Bullit Intake if I remember correctly , 42# injectors with Cobra fuel pumps . So when he was in front of a huge crowd going off telling everyone how bad ass his motor was I said to him " Thats Bulls$%^. There is no way in Hell a 2v on 15 psi's can make 1000 rwhp ,what are you spraying a 500 SHOT!
He turned around with this scared look on his face with no explanation. I then said when ever and where ever you what I will run you with my little 610rwhp 2v , and Ill give you the jump.
After that day ,I noticed what car shows are all about in Cali.
As far as crushing a car , there is no way you can take someone's property like that and crush it . If you have it financed the car is NOT YOURS, its the banks. Now you have a situation were the Insurance Companies and Banks will be going after there money from the at Fault parties. Unless that car has a title without a lienholder on it I just dont see how the PD can do that. I would definately sue everyone.

Pete

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back