2012 5.0 Smokes

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just said they were good. The car felt better than it has in weeks. I dont know why, maybe it was from driving a fusion all weekend. Im going to do what Ford wants and i guess we will all see what happens.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Come over to la this weekend then!!!! Lol didn't realize where shertz was exactly!!!

But really James if your car is really smoking bad enough that you can see it in your mirror then there is a problem. Probably like someone stated a few post back a broken ring land or worse. Get some one to drive it and you follow them and see if it is really smoking while going down the road. Looking in the mirror sometimes your mind will play tricks on you if you already suspect a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didnt suspect a problem until i saw it smoking. I wish it was the other way around. When i get off work i always start my car and then get back out of it so that i can put all of my shit in the trunk and take off my work shirt. The first time i noticed it was when i started the car and got out, it smoked for a good 10 seconds and then stopped.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I didnt suspect a problem until i saw it smoking. I wish it was the other way around. When i get off work i always start my car and then get back out of it so that i can put all of my shit in the trunk and take off my work shirt. The first time i noticed it was when i started the car and got out, it smoked for a good 10 seconds and then stopped.

You need to get some video of it smoking. Put it up on Youtube. Email the link to whatever Ford emails you can find. I don't think Ford is really taking you serious. They need to see there is a problem that needs to be resolved, and you're serious about it.

A brand new car with no issues shouldn't smoke, period!

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
When i tore my engine apart #8 just fell to the floor after i unbolted the rod lol

Nothing had any damage at all except #8

Detonatiim is what kills it, maybe you got bad gas one time

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
Do you run premium?

I also dont see how it detonated on a stock tune, but i promise if it is smoking and you can see it while driving

Its #8

Nastystang06

forum member
Reaction score
2011-10-31_16-43-39_701.jpg

Only piston damaged

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
Do you run premium?

I also dont see how it detonated on a stock tune, but i promise if it is smoking and you can see it while driving

Its #8

I logged my stock tune on the stock car for shits and giggles. There were knock events left and right, 93 octane in the tank, all else STOCK.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that Ford is not willing to do the right thing James. Don't forget that Ford is obligated by law to cover your convertors for 8 years/80,000 miles.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
A brand new car with no issues shouldn't smoke, period!

Well, I guess my 05 has issues then, cause it has smoked a little (10 to 15 sec.)at start up (cold start only) from day one. It still does it especially if you let it sit a week or more with out cranking. However, it does not use any oil, or at least not enough to get my attention between oil changes.

James, if your car is not using more than a quart of oil/500 miles warranty will not cover a rebuild or engine change. Thats just the procedures for new car warranties, at least in my experiences. After it the oil consumption exceeds that Ford should repair it. Up to that point it is not considered excessive. ( I am not stating this as fact, just the experiences I have had with new car warranties. Do a little research, I believe you will find it to be true).

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
Yes, i told them id check the oil and if it gets to where its not on the dipstick im bringing it back. If it doesnt you wont see me until its due service. The dealer didnt agree with the Ford engineers. They told me they wouldnt get paid if they continued working on the car, so they had to follow their protocol.

If the dealer doesn't agree then why don't they demand a engineer come check the car or help fight on your behalf ?

Just trying to help but check your PMs and you will see why I raise this question.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you run premium?

Its #8

Premium Shell everytime. Plugs are good, no oil on number 8. After reading several threads on SVTP im going to go out on a limb and say this is PCV valve related. I have a GT500 pcv valve ordered. I will be seafoaming the engine prior to installing the new valve. Here goes nothing.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Premium Shell everytime. Plugs are good, no oil on number 8. After reading several threads on SVTP im going to go out on a limb and say this is PCV valve related. I have a GT500 pcv valve ordered. I will be seafoaming the engine prior to installing the new valve. Here goes nothing.

I don't have smoking issues with my car, *knocks on wood like Woody*, but I will be watching this thread to see if the GT500 PCV makes a difference. I do know that my 2011 used oil for some time and would, on occasion, blow a small amount of smoke on first start up. It hasn't done so since I hit about 12k miles though.

I'm about to turn 16k miles on my car and I gotta admit, the oil consumption is much lower now than at first. Maybe 1/3 qt between changes.

I am still of the opinion that high compression gas engines tend to use more oil than a lower compression counterpart. But it certainly shouldn't smoke.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back