2012 GT CAI/Tune Numbers/Graphs/Logs

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
So this morning I had the chance to put the car on the dyno and do a baseline run and two runs with the BAMA 93 Race tune and Steeda CAI package from AM. I also wanted to do run with the BBK off road downpipes I got...but they do not fit correctly!

MODS:
BAMA 93 Race Tune
Steeda CAI
GT500 Mufflers
JLT Catch can

Conditions:
Temp-45-50 degrees F
Humidity 85-90% (raining)
Pressure: 30.16 inches and falling (sea level)
Fuel: 93 Octane pump gas from Sunoco
Equipment: Dynojet
3.31 gears, manual 5th gear pulls.

The first run was the stock baseline with GT500 mufflers and catch installed and turned out some pretty nice numbers. 408whp 403wtq (hit speed limiter) Short term trim was adding 9% of fuel across the board but just when cruising...

The second run was the 93 Race/Steeda CAI added with data log of normal parameters. Computer was adding 8% fuel in short term trim in cruise.

The third run was 93 Race/Steeda CAI logging knock sensors but we were not able to pick them up through my Xcal3 and software... I thought I heard some ping in run two, but did not in run 3 so I might just be crazy. Still adding 8% fuel in short term trim in cruise. 430whp 412wtq

Graph attached. I have logs in Excel files but do not know how to show here. Comments? Questions?

Attachments

• Graph.JPG
    Graph.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I think you were on a pretty generous dyno. If your stock tune pull wouldn't have hit the speed limiter it looks like it would have made 420 or so hp. My car stock hitting the speed limiter with 3.31 gears made 368rwhp.

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
I think you were on a pretty generous dyno. If your stock tune pull wouldn't have hit the speed limiter it looks like it would have made 420 or so hp. My car stock hitting the speed limiter with 3.31 gears made 368rwhp.

Yes, I agree from what I've seen. This was more for comparison to see what the new parts would net. That said...does this seem right? I would like to have someone who knows how to read them look at my logs. Anyone?

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Yes, I agree from what I've seen. This was more for comparison to see what the new parts would net. That said...does this seem right? I would like to have someone who knows how to read them look at my logs. Anyone?

PM Seer on here. He is very good on the data logging stuff and I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking a look at them.

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
No one else wants to take a crack at these results? I almost begging to be bashed. hah The net gain of what seems like 10hp kinda concerns me...

Still can't drive it hard until the weather clears up. Maybe the tune needs some time to adjust and the dyno is generous? Or by following the "beat on it from the beginning" break in method did I create a factory freak...not likely.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
Numbers do seem a bit optimistic imo, Big Daddy Performance as in Big Daddy Dwayne Gutridge? haha he's a legend, would have been cool using his dyno

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
Those numbers seem way high. Grats if they are legit, but they seem really high. If I were you, I would do some data logging. Thst tune might be walking a fine line...

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
Numbers do seem a bit optimistic imo, Big Daddy Performance as in Big Daddy Dwayne Gutridge? haha he's a legend, would have been cool using his dyno

Yes that's the man. Dwayne is a stand up guy as well as his tech Mike. They are very professional and do great work. Luckily I live 10 min away form their shop. I trust that that do things right. Mike did inform me that my car made as much power as another customers with a similar intake/tune and long tube headers with catted X...soooo? He also said most of his baselines on the 11+ cars are in the 390s to 400.

The tune was logged and seemed to be ok. Not perfect, but ok. I do not have the charts on me right now but if you would like to know any specifics I will do my best to sort through the data.

BTW this is the same dyno I got the numbers for my V6 from...see below. Those numbers are comparable to others that have X-Charged 4.0s with similar supporting modifications.

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
You didn't gain 10hp, you gained a bit more. Your stock pull was most likely a flawed dyno pull.

You most likely netted about 30-38hp at the rear tires with a tune and intake.

Now alternatively, your car having 3.31's will naturally dyno higher than a car that came with 3.73's but not to the tune of 400hp at the wheels stock.

Did you buy your car used per chance?

Now whats funny about his logs was, I put his WOT timing curve into excel and plotted it along a graph and compared it to another tuner's timing curve. Results were kind've funny :D

Last edited:

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
Maybe...we did have some issues with the dyno computer. I kept crashing when trying to get a baseline until we added a ground strap. I wanted to have more pulls done but did not want to be a pain in the ass to my dyno guy as I would like to keep going there! Also had a budget I was willing to spend for dyno time w/o any tuning....

Going to have to get this beast on another set of rollers sometime...

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe...we did have some issues with the dyno computer. I kept crashing when trying to get a baseline until we added a ground strap. I wanted to have more pulls done but did not want to be a pain in the ass to my dyno guy as I would like to keep going there! Also had a budget I was willing to spend for dyno time w/o any tuning....

Going to have to get this beast on another set of rollers sometime...

One of two things happened with your stock dyno:

1. Issue with the dyno, this happens all of the time, like an incorrect tach read so it cannot calculate the proper amount of power derived from your torque.

2. You bought your car used and it was previously tuned.

I am leaning towards #1.

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
car was brand new with 20 miles on it....

Also, then all 3 pulls seem to be off...not just the baseline.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
car was brand new with 20 miles on it....

Also, then all 3 pulls seem to be off...not just the baseline.

improper tach read then. I have dyno graphs showing I make power to 17,000 rpm due to that :D

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
FACTORY FREAK!!

...totally joking.

I need to confirm this...BAD! lol

I just had a chance to drive it on dry pavement since it was raining yesterday....my initial reaction was WTF!!!

The thing absolutely screams! With the sound tube still on its kinda scary sounding. It pulls extremely hard on the top end. 0-80mph happens before I even realize what I am doing...good shit.

Tomorrow I am going to AmericanMuscle and meeting with Mike, their lead calibrator to go over my data from yesterday and make any changes if necessary. I'm pretty excited about that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back