2013/2014 Paint Colors

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by Cokeologist, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Cokeologist

Cokeologist Junior Member

Hello, can someone advise as to whether the 2013 Candy Red and the 2014 Ruby Red are the exact same paint colors? Thanks in advance.

2. xeninworx

xeninworx Junior Member

I’m sure you can Google the colour and find the paint code. That would reveal if it’s the same or not.

3. Cokeologist

Cokeologist Junior Member

Yes, I am fully capable of searching on Google. The problem is that these colors are two different paint codes for the two different years. I don't know if that means they are different colors, or that it is the same color but they used a different code in 2014 vs 2013 since they changed the name of the color. I was hoping that someone knowledgeable on this forum could advise.

4. 07 Boss

07 Boss Senior Member

If the code is not the same they are different colors. Names don't mean a thing, it's the paint number or code. ie. hugger orange, carousel red are the same GM72 paint code. The code will not change from year to year even if the name does.

Michael Saul likes this.
  5. xeninworx

xeninworx Junior Member

Well if it’s two different paint codes then it’s two different colours. Names don’t mean anything to paint. It’s like buying paint from Home Depot, they don’t look up the year of the paint, just the code.

6. Rubyred54

Rubyred54 Junior Member

Ruby Red Metallic was a new color for 2014. It is not the same as Candy Red. Ruby Red is darker.

Michael Saul likes this.
  7. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8 S197 Team Member

When I read Ruby Red.... I think....

[​IMG]

xeninworx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.