2013 gt500 6 piston brembos

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Is there any way to get just the rear brake upgrade

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-2552AAK/Mustang-2013-GT500-Rear-Brake-Upgrade-Kit-05-14

I ordered the complete front/rear kit on Wednesday. Should be here next Wednesday. Off come the 14" Brembos, and on go the 15". :) Now just trying to decide if I'm going to paint/powdercoat the front calipers before install. I kinda want to do gold of some kind. I've searching this forum like crazy for a set of Baer 6 piston brakes that were gold, and now I can't find it.

Paul.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
The only parts needed are the calipers, pads, pad hardware, rotors, and new lines. That's it. It's almost no different than the 14" GT500 Brembo swap everyone has done for years.

That is interesting. I wonder how much that runs $

neema

forum member
Reaction score
That is a pretty big difference. I'd say guessing about 25% or so. Can you measure it?

here's the brembo measurement from steveespo

DSC_0012-1_zps070637dc.jpg

here's the stoptech pad:

ST-60_pads.jpg

the brembo pads are significantly larger. You can tell by the shape of the disc. the 15" GT500 disc has a noticeably larger surface area, while the stoptech's is narrower.

DSC_0004-1_zps61ac7e46.jpg

attachment.php

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Will those two-piece Stoptech rotors with the '13 GT500 calipers you think?

neema

forum member
Reaction score
Will those two-piece Stoptech rotors with the '13 GT500 calipers you think?

unfortunately not, because the bracket used to mount the stoptech caliper moves it inboard relative to the oem brembos.

plus the rotor is too small for the pad ran on the 6 piston brembos

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Bummer. Full Tilt Boogie Racing is going to be releasing their 2-piece rotors for the '13 GT500 soon. Unfortunately, they're just a bit more than I want to spend... at least for now. I think pricing is going to be ~$1400 or so. It's a resonable price given how massive the castings are, but it's almost as much as I spent on the whole brake kit.

Paul.

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-2552AAK/Mustang-2013-GT500-Rear-Brake-Upgrade-Kit-05-14

I ordered the complete front/rear kit on Wednesday. Should be here next Wednesday. Off come the 14" Brembos, and on go the 15". :) Now just trying to decide if I'm going to paint/powdercoat the front calipers before install. I kinda want to do gold of some kind. I've searching this forum like crazy for a set of Baer 6 piston brakes that were gold, and now I can't find it.

Paul.

shoot me a pm if you wavy to sell the old Brembos.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Rehagen Racing

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for not posting sooner. They are neither slotted nor drilled.

Here is a rotor from a set we have in stock.

IMG_20130618_154524_609_zpsc74627bb.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back