2013 gt500 6 piston brembos

NEMustang

Mad Motorsports Products
Reaction score
thanks for the test fit data. i'd be interested to see how 18" enkei pf01s, rpf1s, forgestar f14s, etc... you need some friends to send you test samples :)

basically any lightweight 18" track wheel, since that's where those brakes would shine

They do not fit the 18" PF01 ...I sent the specs to my Enkei factory rep to confirm...
icon9.gif

NEMustang

Mad Motorsports Products
Reaction score
I Posted Erroneous Info!

These are the clearance charts for the Brembo 6-piston monobloc calipers. I got these from Race Techonologies. Ignore the fact that the PDF lists 07+ GT500...these are the specs for the 15" with 6-piston monobloc calipers.

http://www.racetechnologies.com/images/elements/1M19031A.pdf

My prior statement is not accurate as these specs are from the Brembo GT/GT-R program...not the OE Ford/Brembo package. Here is a Q&A with my Brembo Rep:

Jerry,

The new Brembo 6-piston setup on 2013 Boss and GT500…can these be ordered from Race Technologies? If so, can you provide part numbers and pricing?

The calipers from Ford use the following part numbers, DR3Z-2B1120-A and DR3Z-2B1121-A.
1. Are the Ford units the same as what is used in the 1M1.9031A Kit?
2. Are the calipers the same between the 15” 1M1.9031A and 14” 1M1.8016A kits? (6-piston)
3. What Pads are available for the Ford kit and Brembo GT Kits (same or different? Pad #s?)

Thanks in advance!

David,

When Brembo develops a caliper for an OE, that caliper is typically unique and not available to Race Technologies. The systems that come on the new Ford Mustangs are not available through us. We actually have developed upgrades for the Boss and GT500 Mustangs that improve on those systems. We also have two piece disc solutions as well.

1. No, the calipers used by Ford are unique to their program. Although to be honest, I have no way to tell what calipers Ford uses.
2. Yes.
3. The Ford calipers are not in our program, so I can’t say for certain.

Jerry Buza
Account Manager
Race Technologies, LLC

They do not fit the 18" PF01 ...I sent the specs to my Enkei factory rep to confirm...
icon9.gif

This may not be accurate also...It is confirmed that the 14" Brembo - 6 Piston Caliper WILL FIT the Enkei PF01s. However, the 15" Brembo - 6-Pistion Caliper WILL NOT FIT. The caliper is actually the same (see above)...it is the mount/adapter and rotor size that cause the issue.

So...you can run 6-Piston Brembo monobloc calipers on an 18" wheel with the 14" rotor...you just need this $3,500 kit: 1M2.8016A

Osiris

forum member
Reaction score
AP racing 6 piston fits with lots o room with the Enkei PF01 18's. I know this is about the Brembo's but I thought I'd throw that out there.

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
anyone jump on the rear setup yet? 600 bucks gor bigger rotors,calipers,pads does not seem to bad of a price! Any update if they are available yet?

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone find out the pad backing plate size designation and thickness so we can cross reference Hawk, Performance Friction, Carbotech etc?
Steve

0k6x1846.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back