2014 Idle Hunting High Fuel Trim

ito717

Reaction score
Sitting at a stoplight and all of a sudden my stock 2014 GT Track Pack started bouncing around between 600 and 750 rpm at idle. I pulled up gauges and noted the air/fuel ratio moving, managed to catch a video at the next stoplight:

Hooked up a cheap code reader and noticed long fuel trims seemed high: LONGFT1: ~12.5 and LONGFT2: 7 Recorded a video of these too:

I have removed and cleaned the MAF and Throttle Body and removed the negative battery cable for ~10mins to reset the ECU and relearn idle. Problem still persists.

I'm thinking maybe a vacuum leak, but not really sure where to start?

Thanks in advance,

Ito

Last edited:

SilBult

Reaction score
If you think it might be a vacuum leak and you have an oil catch can I would check the the fittings and the can itself. Good luck.

ito717

Reaction score
Fuel pump. PCM telling pump to work harder to maintain demand.
Thanks for the tip. Is there any data from the fuel pump in Forscan that I can see to further validate its the fuel pump?
Smoke tested the whole vacuum system yesterday and didn't find anything out of the ordinary, so my original theory was wrong.

Edqe

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Is there any data from the fuel pump in Forscan that I can see to further validate its the fuel pump?
Smoke tested the whole vacuum system yesterday and didn't find anything out of the ordinary, so my original theory was wrong.
I use BlueDriver scan tool. Gives fuel pressure readings. Not sure about forescan. If you do find it. Fuel pressure should read near 40psi at idle and cruising speeds. Will drop in the low 30’s at WOT and spike up when you let off the trottle. Anything out of the ordinary, start looking at your fuel pump and injectors.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Sitting at a stoplight and all of a sudden my stock 2014 GT Track Pack started bouncing around between 600 and 750 rpm at idle. I pulled up gauges and noted the air/fuel ratio moving, managed to catch a video at the next stoplight:

Hooked up a cheap code reader and noticed long fuel trims seemed high: LONGFT1: ~12.5 and LONGFT2: 7 Recorded a video of these too:

I have removed and cleaned the MAF and Throttle Body and removed the negative battery cable for ~10mins to reset the ECU and relearn idle. Problem still persists.

I'm thinking maybe a vacuum leak, but not really sure where to start?

Thanks in advance,

Ito

Air that hasn't been metered is where I would start. Vacuum leak or something with the air intake. An aftermarket cai could be the culprit as could a dirty maf which would replicate unmetered air to the computer.

You already cleaned the maf and basically have covered all the bases. Maybe it's the pcv?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back