2016 gt350

claudermilk

Reaction score
...then I know where I can go look at one. My dealer does huge Mustang volume (and sponsors one of the big local clubs). They had a Cobra Jet in the show room for a while--I fully expect to see at least a GT350--if not R--sitting in that spot at some point.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Just the variable option on the exhaust makes me want one :). I could have a race car that doesn't wake people up at 3:30 in the morning :p.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Just the variable option on the exhaust makes me want one :). I could have a race car that doesn't wake people up at 3:30 in the morning :p.
You should be up cookin breakfass for somebody an somethin that's like an alarm clock.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
You should be up cookin breakfass for somebody an somethin that's like an alarm clock.

tumblr_m7ken2um6Q1qa9yvvo1_r1_500.gif

ford20

forum member
Reaction score

The car is FUCKING LOUD!!! I was standing literally behind it when they first brought it up on stage and were revving the piss out of it to get everyone's attention. It doesn't sound like a Coyote at all IMO, just a very pissed off car, I love it.

18736616398_ed77d7d908_h.jpg

18736587460_8675617617_h.jpg

It also has a big ol dent in the decklid haha

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, Ford 20, it sure is loud. While it was on display at the Ford tent at Carlisle on Saturday, I happened to be close by when a rep demo'd the exhaust settings for someone. He started the car and revved it, and it sounded great. Then he hit a switch, revved it again, and it was easily twice as loud and deep. Everyone nearby did a double take. Sounded great. As for the looks, I think it looks much better in pics than in-person. Too boy racer for my taste. Also, the 19 inch wheels look way too small for that huge front end, but that's JMO. The car is pretty awesome. I just can't warm up to the looks of the S550.

Last edited:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
also, how reliable is this thing going to be. Can this thing really go 200K+miles without major work. Are these types of engines solid?

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
also, how reliable is this thing going to be. Can this thing really go 200K+miles without major work. Are these types of engines solid?

That is the big IF because nothing of this size has been done with a flat plane before. Majority of 4-cylinders are flat plane cranks, so the crank type of the engine isn't the big issue. It is more of the massive size being the issue for a flat plane crank motor (Ferrari's biggest is 4.6L I think). With a flat plane, you have to worry more about vibrations, and apparently Ford had to do quite a bit of R&D to make it work with the GT350. They feel it is good enough, but we won't know until the track monkeys start banging away at it on the track. Same thing with Chevy and the recent Z06. Their "testing" probably didn't show issues, but once customers started getting their Z06's, you end up with heat soak issues and motors blowing up with only a few hundred miles or less on them.

Last edited:

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, Ford 20, it sure is loud. While it was on display at the Ford tent at Carlisle on Saturday, I happened to be close by when a rep demo'd the exhaust settings for someone. He started the car and revved it, and it sounded great. Then he hit a switch, revved it again, and it was easily twice as loud and deep. Everyone nearby did a double take. Sounded great. As for the looks, I think it looks much better in pics than in-person. Too boy racer for my taste. Also, the 19 inch wheels look way too small for that huge front end, but that's JMO. The car is pretty awesome. I just can't warm up to the looks of the S550.

Our tent was right next to the stage and we would just sit there as they brought it up to the stage like 4 times revving the piss out of it on the way there. It was glorious. I still think the front end is a bit bulbous but I love it! The aerodynamics on it are insane IMO, Ford spent a lot of time on the details with this car. This is the only S550 that I like to be honest, just everything about it is awesome IMO.

That is the big IF because nothing of this size has been done with a flat plane before. Majority of 4-cylinders are flat plane cranks, so the crank type of the engine isn't the big issue. It is more of the massive size being the issue for a flat plane crank motor (Ferrari's biggest is 4.6L I think). With a flat plane, you have to worry more about vibrations, and apparently Ford had to do quite a bit of R&D to make it work with the GT350. They feel it is good enough, but we won't know until the track monkeys start banging away at it on the track. Same thing with Chevy and the recent Z06. Their "testing" probably didn't show issues, but once customers started getting their Z06's, you end up with heat soak issues and motors blowing up with only a few hundred miles or less on them.

Yeah, this is the same thing that I would be concerned about. I know Jason was saying earlier in the thread that everything has been optimized to reduce vibration including the mufflers. I like how everyone is saying they are going to supercharge theirs and change this and that. I personally would wait and see what the engine holds up to. This is the one car that if I got it, I wouldn't touch it haha.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the engine will hold up just fine. Everyone always has worries about Ford's new engines but look at the EcoBoost... They do their testing.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Yeah, this is the same thing that I would be concerned about. I know Jason was saying earlier in the thread that everything has been optimized to reduce vibration including the mufflers. I like how everyone is saying they are going to supercharge theirs and change this and that. I personally would wait and see what the engine holds up to. This is the one car that if I got it, I wouldn't touch it haha.

Yeah, we wouldn't want to see this:

All Motor Crew # 17
2015 GT350R l Engine removal weight reduction mod l Under Permanent Construction

:p

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back