3v in a 65 ProTouring Falcon

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
Well gents, my project is really starting to take shape. I finally dropped the 3v and TR3650 into my 1965 Ford Falcon ProTouring Project.

Specs:
TCI Protouring Front Susupension and modified Triangulated 4-link.
18x8 and 18x11 ET Wheels LT III's
Kumho 245's and 315's
3v and 3650 out of an 06 stang.

I picked up some JBA long tubes but after fitting them it does not look like these are going to fly, the collectors hang too low and a few of the pipes hit the frame rails. I need to find some very tucked shorties, something that really hugs the block, any suggestions?

Here are a few pics.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Love the 3V swap...Maybe the ford racing shorties will work?

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
Love the 3V swap...Maybe the ford racing shorties will work?

That is what I am thinking, they seem to hug the block pretty close. With the narrow Falcon frame rails and the wide 3v engine there just is not allot of room, especially for the steering shaft on the driver side. I wonder if I could find someone to trade by JBA's + cash for the ford shorties.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
That is what I am thinking, they seem to hug the block pretty close. With the narrow Falcon frame rails and the wide 3v engine there just is not allot of room, especially for the steering shaft on the driver side. I wonder if I could find someone to trade by JBA's + cash for the ford shorties.
They do seem to be the least intrusive out there. They have a decent price as well compared to the others. Put up an add in the classifieds
If you can't find a trade. I"m sure you can sell the JBA's ouright to recoupe some cash.[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

lito

forum member
Reaction score
In the 65 mustang we are helping swap stock headers are being used.

Does these falcons have even less space between rails than the mustang?

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Sub'd! Very nice project! I agree that the Ford Racing shorties would be a good fit to clear everything.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, 1.5" narrower than a 65 mustang. Makes everything a real tight fit.

My guess is that you will need to switch to stock then, I think I can get you a picture of how they go with the stang rails if maybe that is of some help. Also, an hydrobooster for the brakes is being used so to have clearance.

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
My guess is that you will need to switch to stock then, I think I can get you a picture of how they go with the stang rails if maybe that is of some help. Also, an hydrobooster for the brakes is being used so to have clearance.

A pic of how they fit on the mustang would be a great help. Yep, was planning a properly sized MC and go with manual brakes but I am also considering hydro. I have big Wilwoods at all 4 corners so if properly sized and set up it should stop pretty well even with manual brakes. I do still have the stock manifolds but I can't imagine they flow all too well.

Thanks for the compliments guys, it has been a fun project so far, lots of work, but will be unique when finished.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures as I left the project, they had to do some wiring, exhaust and fuel system. I only provided the control pack, calibration harness, and some guidance on what to do here and there, left the PCM flashed so it would fire as soon as the fuel system is on.

Will call the customer to pass by and take pictures for you over the week.

Attachments

• Photo0293.jpg
    Photo0293.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Photo0295.jpg
    Photo0295.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 28

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
A friends brother put a 3v in a [FONT=&quot]1961 Ferrari 250GT California Spyder Replica. [/FONT]stock manifolds were used on that as well.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
cool build!!!!! you staying NA or FI??? what are power goals???unless your doing a all out NA build im sure the stockers are fine and or unless your sticking a blower on it then sounds like your only option are custom LTs...awesome build though looks sick!

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
cool build!!!!! you staying NA or FI??? what are power goals???unless your doing a all out NA build im sure the stockers are fine and or unless your sticking a blower on it then sounds like your only option are custom LTs...awesome build though looks sick!

Originally wanted to stay NA, but given the cost of a true all out NA build I think I am going to go FI, if I can find a lightly used Saleen I think it would look good under the hood and with about 450rwhp in a 2800lb car it should scoot along just fine. I think I am going to avoid the cost of custom LT headers, maybe the FRPP shorties will fit or I will be relegated to the crappy stocker manifolds.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back