5.850" rods with a Honda journal. Anyone besides Eagle make them?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Just another thinking out loud post. The cost of stroker cranks has gone up significantly. The exception is the Eagle cast steel 3.750" crank, it can be found for $350 on a regular basis and sometimes as low as $299 shipped.

The main issue with using the inexpensive Eagle crank is that it needs Honda journal rods. Eagle has the most inexpensive Honda journal 5.850" rods that will work with a mod motor but they are still around $650.

Does anyone know of any Honda journal 5.850" rods that have a .940 width on the big end and are bushed for a .866" wrist pin?

I've searched for a bearing that would bridge the difference between the 1.899" Honda journal and rods made for a normal stroker that takes sbc rod bearings but can't find them. Has anyone had custom bearings made and if so how expensive are they?

I'm not asking these questions for myself, just trying to find a way for someone to put together a budget stroker rotating assembly.

SStang

forum member
Reaction score
Just another thinking out loud post. The cost of stroker cranks has gone up significantly. The exception is the Eagle cast steel 3.750" crank, it can be found for $350 on a regular basis and sometimes as low as $299 shipped.

The main issue with using the inexpensive Eagle crank is that it needs Honda journal rods. Eagle has the most inexpensive Honda journal 5.850" rods that will work with a mod motor but they are still around $650.

Does anyone know of any Honda journal 5.850" rods that have a .940 width on the big end and are bushed for a .866" wrist pin?

I've searched for a bearing that would bridge the difference between the 1.899" Honda journal and rods made for a normal stroker that takes sbc rod bearings but can't find them. Has anyone had custom bearings made and if so how expensive are they?

I'm not asking these questions for myself, just trying to find a way for someone to put together a budget stroker rotating assembly.

This guy freaking rocks!!!!

Thanks.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back