3.701" Wiseco Pistons, Boss Rods

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Pistons are $650. Add the Boss rods for a total of $825. Shipping is extra. EDIT: Rods have been sold.

Pistons are for a 3.701" bore Big Bore Boss block. They are side coated, new, made from 2618 alloy, have valve reliefs that will work with 2v, 3v, or 4v heads, and come with rings, pins, and locks. Compression with stock heads is a little under 10.9:1.

Rods are 5.0 4v Boss rods. They are the same length as 4.6 rods at 5.933" and use the same size wrist pins and bearings.

Using these components with a stock stroke crank will produce a motor with 304 cubic inches of displacement. The main advantage over a stroker is that this combo will make an overbore motor instead the under square setup a stroker makes. It allows for faster revs and unshrouds the valves helping with airflow. It will work well setup na or with boost and would make a great foundation to build on for someone who is building their car in steps.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
TTT. Nice skirt coated Big Bore Wiseco pistons that will make 10.88 compression with stock heads.

Build a motor with these and it will make about the same as a coyote na. It will also be ready for forced induction when it's time to add power. All at a price that's far less than a rotating kit from elsewhere.

itonano

forum member
Reaction score
Bruce, the pistons, rods and crank will work in my stock 4.6? Dont remember now...

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Bruce, the pistons, rods and crank will work in my stock 4.6? Dont remember now...

The rods and crank will. The pistons are for a Big Bore Boss, Cammer, or sleeved 4.6 block. They aren't going to work in a stock 4.6 block.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The crank sold.

All that's left are the pistons and rods. $875 for pistons, rings, pins, and new boss rods. Add your stock crank and make 304 cubic inches of overbore mod motor.

itonano

forum member
Reaction score
So i just need to bore my block 0.30 to fit the pistons?

itonano

forum member
Reaction score
Great, whats the máx whp allowed with just pistons, rods and stock crank?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Great, whats the máx whp allowed with just pistons, rods and stock crank?

Nobody knows. To date a stock cast crankshaft hasn't gone bad. As far as I know we also haven't had Boss rods go. The pistons should be able to handle whatever is thrown at them provided the tune is good and fueling system is correct for the setup.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Cleaned up the thread and deleted the ttt posts.

This bump lowers the price to $850 shipped for the Piston set (comes with rings, pins, and locks) and boss rods. If you can pick the parts up I'll give you a very good condition stock crank shaft and a new set of rod bearings.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Edit: NM. These won't work with my stroker crank.

Not unless you are looking for pistons with extra material for zero decking purposes. These have a 1.220" compression height and as you know a 3.750" stroke crank will need pistons with a 1.200" ch to maintain a standard .008" deck height.

If you are going for a zero deck then these would only need a light shave. In fact the exhaust valve clearance would probably still be good for an aggressive lift cam.

I have a .040" Cometic head gasket for the 94mm Big Bore I'd throw in. I only have one of the head gaskets but it would still save you about $130 on the build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back