5r55s No Drive or Reverse

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Good deal. Too bad we couldn't work something out :)
Hopefully you'll get things taken care of and properly working :beer:

95five-0

forum member
Reaction score
I think the next step is to replace the solenoid pack. Anyone have any suggestions on where to pick one up. Are the aftermarket ones better than Fords?

95five-0

forum member
Reaction score
Put on the new solenoid pack today and still doing the same thing. Anyone else have any idea im about out of ideas.

BigBeeBaby

Reaction score
My 06 GT just hit 102000 miles, I think the fluid is suppose to be changed every 90,000 on the automatic trans. Well I bought my car from the dealership in 09 with 40000 on it and was told it just had new fluids. Any way yesterday I got in my car and drove about 3 miles down the road to the local store and cut the car off it was fine. Cranked back up to leave and I have no drive or reverse. Car just revs up and doesn't move much at all. It basically rocks back and forth never moving really. I can drive the car in first and manually shift it. I got it back home and put on the lift and checked the fluid in the trans and it was almost the same color as burnt motor oil not close to pink or red. It was about a qt and half low. I added it in and let the car back down still doing the same thing. Except now when I pull it down into first the tires bark on the concrete. I pulled the pan off and dump the fluid no metal shavings or anything in it. Normal grit on the magnet inside the pan. Nothing abnormal. Im going to put a new strainer in it after work and fill it up and see what happens. Anyone have any idea what could be the issue?
Thanks

I read your post when I started having this problem, I have found the culprit and made a quick video, hopefully this will help other diagnose and repair this problem in the future..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back