600 RWHP Build and main studs

Turbotungsten

forum member
Reaction score
With the 298 ci stroker I am building do I NEED to go with Main studs? I know these are TTY bolts from the factory, but I am using a brand new SC block so the bolts will be new. The studs are quite expensive and I am looking to sava a little money where I can. Is this one of those places? I have heard the factory TTY bolts are quite strong. I am looking at 600 RWHP. It looked like the 730 rwhp single turbo build in the last MMFF did not have studs, but I couldn't tell. Any input

travelers

Reaction score
Thats what keep the crank from comming out the bottom end. 600rwhp is what hp at the crank? That's just part of building big HP.

Turbotungsten

forum member
Reaction score
OK OK I know, just thought I would ask just in case Ford blessed us with some good hardware from the factory. So, who knows of a good vendor with a good price on these. I believe the studs for these are different than a 03+ Cobra block, correct???

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I say spend the extra couple of hundred bucks just for the insurance. I am about to start my rebuild. Hopefully will end up somewhere between 600 and 650. For the kinda jack I am laying out on it, couple of hundred for the ARP studs is not even a question.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
It is not shown in the current catalog. I will have to call tomorrow and get the part number (unless someone here has the number) and I can get you a price.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Just called ARP and was told that they do not have a part number for the '05 & up main studs. What you may have to do is call ARP and see if they will make them for you. Unless there is a shop out there that has already done so and is selling them already.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back