86's VMP 1.9/Forged Build

travelers

Reaction score
You do know that headers and a more free flowing exhaust means less boost on the gauge. Boost is just the measure of restriction. Did you get a new tune for the smaller pulley?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
yep, hence my verbiage. The JBA's sure look nice with the ceramic "titanium" coating.

Lito sent me a new tune, it's perfect. Easy!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
1000 miles on a road trip, the separator despite whining like me about high house prices works amazing for keeping the schmutz out of the oil. Crystal clear.

Here's a photo of my car with a big fat boat behind it

20190726_211324.jpg

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
You do know that headers and a more free flowing exhaust means less boost on the gauge. Boost is just the measure of restriction. Did you get a new tune for the smaller pulley?

I have the same JBA LT's on my 2010 auto with catted H . Boost remained the same... 5.8 psi...with M90 + oem 2.875 pulley. Difference in Tq was unreal.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah - I have no cats and 3" collectors and H.

The car is very fast. It's actually better now that it is hot outside as the tires have some hope of sticking in 2nd and 3rd with partial throttle. Sounds amazing, so many backfires and crackles downshifting into corners :).

Will have 2 step and no lift shift wired very soon - it's all roughed in and mounted. Just need to do the soldering at the ECM harness and coil power connection.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah - I have no cats and 3" collectors and H.

The car is very fast. It's actually better now that it is hot outside as the tires have some hope of sticking in 2nd and 3rd with partial throttle. Sounds amazing, so many backfires and crackles downshifting into corners :).

Will have 2 step and no lift shift wired very soon - it's all roughed in and mounted. Just need to do the soldering at the ECM harness and coil power connection.

Excellent. A 305 /315 rear might help a bit. And / or lowering LCA's at axle end.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I was going to change up the rear rubber but as I said, at 20C or so it's completely manageable. I'm not racing anyone on the street or even trying to stay ahead of the goobers in their pickup trucks.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
12-13 psi..with LT's is a bunch. What diam pulley are you using ? Is it still a 6 rib setup ? With the 90mm idler, it can't be using the 85/82mm blower pulley... (which isn't gonna give u 12-13 psi anyway).
Per Justin's notes, the 66/63mm pulley both require the 8 rib setup.

Got any issues with belt slippage ? Roush tensioner ?

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
No issues with anything. 6 rib. I run a green belt, 69mm pulley. I don't see any evidence of belt slip. I have the Roush tensioner, yes. In Calgary in poor air I was seeing 10.5-11, yesterday morning 12.5.

My 90mm idler internal diameter (the bearing seat,) is too large, so the bearing is moving in the pulley. Bearing retainer compound just pounds out. I think I'll order a new one from Justin, maybe he'll give me a deal since it's #2. Or I make one here, I guess the lightening holes could be done on the mill. Probably need to order a tool for the circlip groove more expensive than the entire thing :lol:

Just contacted a provent person about the whining/leaking provent 200. The most surprising thing about this separator is how clean my engine oil is staying, it's still a golden color - I suppose the fresh rings/etc could be helping with this. I get quite a lot of material separated, say 50 ml every 2000 km. The reservoir I built should only need to be drained 1-2 times a year...

Last edited:

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Read the riot act to Justin.... get him to ship a 90mm idler.

I have a 90mm idler ( + mating 2.55" press on blower pulley for the 2009 / 2010 M90 setup). The late Kyle Bullock ( from Fn sweet) sent me both items as a freebie.... since he had bought TVS-1900 #003.

Ok, I just checked 90mm idler out. It's a press on type of 90mm idler.....(NO keyway). Spins real smooth. If you require it, lemme know, it's urs. I can toss it in the mail if you need it. It fits a padded envelope real nice. I also have small boxes + bubble wrap.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
What happened to Kyle?

Send me a photo of that idler (email,) it's probably the same one I have. Aluminum? I'll pay shipping.

I sold my 2.49 pulley with my M90 to some lunatic hot rodder up here, got good money for it! It's sitting on his garage shelf. Better than mine. :D

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
What happened to Kyle?

Send me a photo of that idler (email,) it's probably the same one I have. Aluminum? I'll pay shipping.

I sold my 2.49 pulley with my M90 to some lunatic hot rodder up here, got good money for it! It's sitting on his garage shelf. Better than mine. :D

I was on Shane (Dimoras) website a couple yrs ago.... and saw that Kyle was in a fatal accident. Happened at 5 AM.... on Jan 2. He somehow managed to run into the back end of a freight liner... with his honda accord. I believe the freight liner was parked.

He had bought TVS-1900 #3.... and blew the engine on the dyno...(windowed the block). He had a forged eng ready to go a couple of months later.

EyeKandy (from FN sweet) passed away from Breast cancer abt the same time. She lived in Colorado with her female partner.

I'll get the 90mm idler info out later tonight. Neighbour and I had this tree cutting crew here all day today..... they are coming back at 8 AM tomorrow.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I love it!

One day will have some POS electric car, until then this thing. I am considering starting a company rebuilding busted, oil burning GT350 engines. Do 4 at once, send out on an exchange basis. If I lived in the USA would be a no brainer, here can probably never afford the freight and machining cost/capacity.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
The 1320' extension cord is optional.

The fellow with the electric datsun...uses one electric motor at each rear wheel... NO tranny. He's 3 car length's ahead of the tweaked up vette... right when the lights go green. He get's 5 runs in... b4 recharging. Used series/ parallel small motorbike batteries.... which have since been replaced by a mess of lithium batteries.

NEXT up is electric motors at all 4 x corners..... and 4 x mating wide tires. Sensors all...'talk' to each other .... to minimize wheel spin. 'ECU controlled back pedaling... on steroids. Bye bye icm.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
new motor tech is coming to the fore that will shrink batteries, take out a bunch of extraneous controllers and transformers... Even if batteries don't get much better range is going to skyrocket.

Exciting! I'm sure any motorcyclist huffing my uncatalyzed exhaust will agree.

travelers

Reaction score
That TV show rebuilding cars from Texas had an show where the women took a ride in a early Mustang all electric car and scared the shit out of her.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back