A/F Ratio question

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Mine was like that.

During a pull it didnt show 11s on the gauge until I was almost at max revs.

It was slow.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Did you have your sensor in the catalytic converter bung? Maybe that's why its laggy

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
I agree with Justin. If the o2 sensor is installed AFTER a cat it will cause the readings to be thrown off. Sensors must be installed pre cat

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
My current setup has the wide band bung after the cat. It's not too bad. One way to get a rough estimate of lag time is through a data log. Pedal position, airflow, and a/f should be happening pretty close to each other. If a noticeable offset pattern appears you have your answer.

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
I have mine installed pre cat in the driver side secondary on the longtube since rear OEM o2 sensors are disabled. Readings update instantly

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I just snipped two examples. One is pre cat and the other is post cat. Same sensor (Innovate LC-1 with a Bosch LU4.x). Just comparing the screens isn't apples to apples. The time is listed in seconds on the bottom of the graphs.

It's the same motor. Pre cat was n/a with long tubes and after cat is supercharged with JBA shorties and factory cats.

Pre cat:

After cat:

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Pre cat is about two second intervals per grid. After cat is about two seconds per grid. I'm going to redo one of them so it's an easier comparison to make.

Edit: Changed parameters for the grid. Both are now about .5 seconds per grid. I'm seeing about a .25 second lag for after cat compared to pre cat.

Edit: Looking at the pedal position again I'm not seeing much of a difference. However, the pre cat is n/a and post cat supercharged so I'd imagine the exhaust flow is being helped by the forced induction.

Last edited:

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah i doubt a quarter second would make much difference to the naked eye. Possibly his devices update rate is slow? Possibly bad o2 sensor. I would recalibrate the unit before doing anything else

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back