Adj. panhard bar installed

ESP v6

forum member
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!!! I find my self asking why I didn't do this sooner. I picked up a used steeda bar with CHE poly bushings (thank you maxpayne) and got it installed earlier tonight. Huge difference in rear stability under hard cornering, and I am definitely ready for next autoX season to really test it out. If anyone is on the fence about getting one, do it (unless you can afford to go with a watts link).

I also have a Steeda adjustable upper 3rd link that I will install whenever I get another set of jackstands, or access to a lift.

Side note on the bummer side, while I was under the car I noticed that the bottom of my diff had gear oil all over it. I could not tell if it was coming from the front or the rear, and none dripped out while I was under there. What ever it is has to have happened in the last couple of weeks as I was under the car myself a couple of weeks ago and didn't see anything, and it went in for an oil change last week and nothing was mentioned (although I doubt the guy checked). I wiped everything off, and will be keeping a close eye on it. Ideas? Worst case scenario I scatter the diff and have a reason to get an 8.8 sooner than planned.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!!! I find my self asking why I didn't do this sooner. I picked up a used steeda bar with CHE poly bushings (thank you maxpayne) and got it installed earlier tonight. Huge difference in rear stability under hard cornering, and I am definitely ready for next autoX season to really test it out. If anyone is on the fence about getting one, do it (unless you can afford to go with a watts link).

I also have a Steeda adjustable upper 3rd link that I will install whenever I get another set of jackstands, or access to a lift.

Side note on the bummer side, while I was under the car I noticed that the bottom of my diff had gear oil all over it. I could not tell if it was coming from the front or the rear, and none dripped out while I was under there. What ever it is has to have happened in the last couple of weeks as I was under the car myself a couple of weeks ago and didn't see anything, and it went in for an oil change last week and nothing was mentioned (although I doubt the guy checked). I wiped everything off, and will be keeping a close eye on it. Ideas? Worst case scenario I scatter the diff and have a reason to get an 8.8 sooner than planned.

lol i just installed mine and a brace yesterday it defiantly seemed to feel different in a good way

lol i have a slight leak in my diff also but i know why i have it

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I have a Steeda panhard bar and brace also. This mod really helps. Like OP said the rear end is more stable under hard cornering. I've taken turns at 45-55mph without my tires screeching or the rear end wanting to fish tail

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
+1 on steeda panhard as well as uca.

ESP, there's some tricks to getting the uca in w/o too much troubles. It can be done.
I think I wrote up somewhere in this forum (or others) on the install. You don't have to drop the tank to do it, unless you replace the mounting bracket, which I didnt do nor have. Just getting the uca mounted to the body bracket is a little tricky.

Remind me before you're ready to do it and I'll post up hints if you can't find them.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back