Alabama International Dragway Steele, AL.

XxBoostinxX

forum member
Reaction score
Trying to get a track day going for all of us locals to attend together at Alabama International Dragway in Steele, AL. Pretty much its just for us to hang out, get to know one another, and pretty much just shoot the shit! I know Sundays from 1 p.m. till dark is test and tune ($25 to test, $10 to spectate) as well as the the moonlight special from 9 p.m. till 1 a.m. on Fridays ($10 entry). I know a lot of us are football fans as well, so lets try to get a date that we all can agree on and not interfere too much!

Scott

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I would like to go on a friday night, 9-1, I go to church on sunday, but just see what everbody else says, friday nights it's just ten bucks I think.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I would vote for Sunday afternoon, as Friday night would be late for me getting home, and I could go to early church and be down to Steele by 1:00. But I will be flexible as well. My in-laws live in B'ham, which is pretty close to Steele, isn't it? We could always stay with them Friday night if need be.

As far as dates go, we have a pretty packed scheudle for October. Does Steele stay open year round, or do they close for the winter? (I know, prolly a dumb question, but I don't go to the drag strip hardly...ever! LOL)

XxBoostinxX

forum member
Reaction score
I would vote for Sunday afternoon, as Friday night would be late for me getting home, and I could go to early church and be down to Steele by 1:00. But I will be flexible as well. My in-laws live in B'ham, which is pretty close to Steele, isn't it? We could always stay with them Friday night if need be.

As far as dates go, we have a pretty packed scheudle for October. Does Steele stay open year round, or do they close for the winter? (I know, prolly a dumb question, but I don't go to the drag strip hardly...ever! LOL)

What part of B'ham are they located? I'm in Hoover which is about 15 min south of B'ham and Steele is probably about a 45 min drive. Well depending how fast I drive that is, lol. I'm not 100% sure if they do/don't close for the winter? They don't really have the greatest calendar in the world on their website.

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
I'm good with either day. If we got enough people we could possibly have just a day for us there, probably would be a little more expensive to rent the track but we wouldn't have to deal with crap. I haven't ran Steele since I was stock so I'm curious to see how I improved.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
If everyone really gets serious, I am flexible as well, wanted to try this a while back, that is why I said something about it in the AL. thread. we need to go this month, should be perfect weather.

silver rhyno

forum member
Reaction score
Steele will run on friday night till it get down in the low 40s at night...sat and sun they will run as long as the weather is good or untill late nov....

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Saturday is bracket racing only and a buy in, or used to be..fri, and sun is test and tune, lets go guys, anyone really interested?

silver rhyno

forum member
Reaction score
Bracket season is over had the final race a few weeks ago....so midnite madness fri nite...sat and sun Test and tune...normally starts around 1-2 till dark

silver rhyno

forum member
Reaction score
I got my LT and motor mounts installed...clutch is still in the floor :(....but I will come hang out if I'm in town

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I'm ready, but a friday night would be best for me, sat and sun gets busy. i'm slow and ready to go:)
Rhyno, when are you in town again?

silver rhyno

forum member
Reaction score
Well that's always hard to say...that's why I was waiting on someone to set a date...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back