Aluminum drive shaft

wadman

forum member
Reaction score
Im thinking about a aluminum drive shaft. Ive read a few posts where guys have had issues with them vibrating and rubbing something. Do they provide any acceleration increases or are they just to reduce weight?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Lower weight = less rotating mass = quicker rev ups = better acceleration...

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Lower weight = less rotating mass = quicker rev ups = better acceleration...

+1

I have the powerhouse D/S and never had a problem with it. Tony with Larry's Transmission had it checked out when I had trans problems and there was nothing wrong with the D/S.
Don_W has the same D/S also and has not had any problems.

One of the venders here also sells the spider D/S, only heard good things about it.

wadman

forum member
Reaction score
Have you ever heard of Carolina Driveline? I might try one of theirs.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Seriously. PM Spyder or visit his site.

http://www.leonardracingproducts.com/

He has great prices and I know several people personally that have his DS with great results. Hopefully by the end on January I'll have mine. Been buying a bunch of stuff this month and last...

Newbreedgt05

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Spydershaft! I've had mine for several months now with no problems.

wadman

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like good stuff.Id like to know what all hes done to his car to get those et's. Its more than what hes showing.

wadman

forum member
Reaction score
Dang Newbreed, your car is awesome. That may be the baddest stang ive seen. How much has it been lowered?

gloryboy

Reaction score
Never heard of them. Before you buy one, shop around first. You'll be glad you did.
Go with a shaft with a proven track record. Lots of vibration issues with different shafts. Spydershafts has a good reputation and is a shaft that doesn't use an adapter (less chance of vibration issues). There is a group buy that just started on corral...$465 shipped.......

here's the link.......
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=974396

Last edited:

spyder7724

Reaction score
Looks like good stuff.Id like to know what all hes done to his car to get those et's. Its more than what hes showing.
nope that was really it.
I had great weather and have spent two years tweaking and messing with everything i could to drop e.t.'s found a few little tricks that got me the last 2 tenths i needed right before the end of the season this year. I actually think i can go quicker but don't know if i'll keep the same setup in it until next fall when we have the killer air. I really want a big bore stroker shortblock and some cams.

racevert

ZKiller
Reaction score
I also have the Powerhouse 4" aluminum drive shaft. It has never vibrated and has been tested to 165 MPH. I have an automatic with stock suspension (not lowered) and have never even changed pinion angle as it was not required. I also like the fact that I did not have to change the pinion yoke.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the Spyder Aluminum DS, Again No issues with Vibration on My Automatic. Best Bang for the buck, noticeable difference as soon as I pulled out of my Driveway :) Thanks Ron

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
just ordered my Spyder!

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Spydershaft. I love mine. It cured most of my vibrations and provided better acceleration.

In addition I have a BMR front DS loop installed and it does not rub.

Mike

Last edited:

Deviant

forum member
Reaction score
spyder your sites are both down if you need a good host send me a PM maybe we can work something out product for product as i run a hosting site.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Damn.. I still need to get one Ron ='-( .. I got the upper and lower arms you guys were telling me to get since my car is lowered with the eibach sports springs (still need to install them though).. you guys take visa? =-)

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you guys take visa? =-)

Damn.. she hasn't been here but what, a year? And you are already going to trade her visa for a driveshaft?!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back