American muscle

Gsxer1000

Reaction score
Guys I’m wondering if we still get a discount thru American muscle if we do how do you get the code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
We don’t get one anymore. The only place I know that still gives a forum discount is steeda. Now if you call a few vendors like Team Beefcake Racing they’ll cut you a deal.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Why in the phuck would you want to buy from AM? Are you stupid?

What skwerl meant to say is that in recent years, their customer service has become abysmal, their tunes suck donkey balls, their parts are generally cheap and inferior, often mislabeled, and…
Never mind, he said it pretty well!

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Avoid AM, unless it's the absolute lowest/last place to buy...they'll spam your inbox (forever) and don't really give any form of discount, unless it's a part they've had for 5+ years.

Many...many better aftermarket vendors & deals out there...IMO.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I have never gotten any bad service from AM. Every order I have ever made has been on time, well packaged and in good condition.

When I needed a tune for my 03 F150 I called them and they hooked me up with a contact at SCT who then put me in direct contact with one of their remote tuners. He sent me a tune for 50 bucks that worked well for what I wanted and is still going today.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Have you noticed AM is always hiring? Wonder why...

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
$80K a year, health benefits, good pension plan, hot chicks, cheap parts, the list just goes on and on.
For the customer support, they pay jack shit. Lucky if you make 25k a year. Its the Vudoris(spelling?) brothers who are getting filthy rich, not their employees.
Not to mention its a super high stress job, roughly 75 calls per 8 hr shift per person is about average. And most of those calls are pissed off customers who got the wrong shit, or it was damaged in shipping. Or monday morning "Im calling to cancel my drunk order"...

Last edited:

crjackson

Reaction score
Well, I hate to say it, but I recently made some purchases from AM (3) based on very good products/services from yesteryears gone bye.

As you can imagine, all 3 orders weren’t usable (wrong parts sent). They’ve all been returned, and the last of them arrived in Lenexa, KS today (AM receiving).

I’m told I’ll see my money returned to my account within 5 days. I’m now deciding where to try again.

Last edited:

Rich

Reaction score
I'd say LMR is the most decent outta of the 3 common sites (LMR, CJ Pony Parts, American Muscle). AM is shit as explained above, and CJ never seems to have what I was looking for in stock (even though their website says otherwise). My experiences with LMR were easy and they are reliable with customer service and product updates.

FredB66

Reaction score
AM blows. Their customer service is terrible. I've had great experiences with LMR and Steeda. I'll gladly pay a few bucks more to go with a good supplier. It's well worth it.

Laga

Reaction score
I’ve never had a bad CS with AM, nor have I gotten the wrong parts.
Their chrome wheels however, are shit. After two years, 3K miles, and heated garage kept. The outsides looked new, but the inside rim by the tire bead were rusted so bad, they would not hold air and needed to be replaced.

Rich

Reaction score
I’ve never had a bad CS with AM, nor have I gotten the wrong parts.
Their chrome wheels however, are shit. After two years, 3K miles, and heated garage kept. The outsides looked new, but the inside rim by the tire bead were rusted so bad, they would not hold air and needed to be replaced.
Who is CS? I've never heard of em.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
AM is not the best price out there.
Any brand name stuff is usually a bit more than other vendors. Things like clutches, radiators, etc.
There house brand stuff is crap quality, and they pay next to nothing for them and sell them at rediculous markup. They make stupid profit on irems like the raxiom brand lights. Cheap under engineered shit with high failure rate.
Note: I dont want to offend anyone, if you own one of those lights and you are happy, count your blessings. Those $350 dollar tailights cost am like $50 bucks. ;)
Ps: the norm for parts markup is 50-100%, or about double the actual cost.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
From my past experiences with AM, the customer support reps don't know shit when it comes answering technical questions about the products they sell..

They put you on hold for sometimes up to 5 min and then give the runaround the person who has more technical expertise about the particular product has left for the day and to call back the next day.. Needless to say, I prefer to do business with vendors who have actual technical knowledge about the products they sell, rather than put you on hold while they attempt to locate the product description they know nothing about from their computer data base..

That being said, I've always had very positive experiences with the support reps over at Steeda, LMR and also from www.stage3motorsports.com as well..

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
From my past experiences with AM, the customer support reps don't know shit when it comes answering technical questions about the products they sell..

They put you on hold for sometimes up to 5 min and then give the runaround the person who has more technical expertise about the particular product has left for the day and to call back the next day.. Needless to say, I prefer to do business with vendors who have actual technical knowledge about the products they sell, rather than put you on hold while they attempt to locate the product description they know nothing about from their computer data base..

That being said, I've always had very positive experiences with the support reps over at Steeda, LMR and also from www.stage3motorsports.com as well..
lol Yea they position themselves as "mustang experts" but only a small percent of the reps actually know anything about cars.
So while you were on hold, the rep either went to one of the ones who know their cars or a manager to get approval.
What do you expect when they pay minimum wage? Real experts?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
AM was a good source at one point. I can easily find almost anytime they sell for less money with a Google search. And their CS is poor and legendarily so. I buy from LMR and have had nothing but good experiences with them. But I find there products cheaper sometimes too. GOtta shop sometimes to save some bucks. I have dealt with CJ Pony Parts in person a couple times at Carlisle over the years back when they still went anyway. They were fine. My Dad was very pleased with NPD for a couple items for the '84 20th anniversary convertible he has.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back