Any Coyote guys upgrade your plugs? To what?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
How frequent do you guys change? I have had cars that like to eat plugs in 10-20k, and cars that go 70k+ without ever missing a beat.

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Mine was right at 50k. Stock tune its entire life. Probably could have went longer but it was needed

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
How frequent do you guys change? I have had cars that like to eat plugs in 10-20k, and cars that go 70k+ without ever missing a beat.

My change was about 48k miles in, but I did not install the Brisk set that was previously in there. If everything remains stock, it should go 90k-120k miles, that is the norm for "regular" Iridium equipment vs. older Copper arrangements. They say the Iridium+ NGK's have to be changed every 60k.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
At one point, I did have a BAMA tune that ran rich (for maybe 6 months at the most). I have since then gotten rid of that tune. I bought the car at 7,000 miles with these plugs already in them. I took them out around 48,000 miles for the NGKs.

Your guess on why they look the way they do is better than mine. I still have them if you need me to shoot more pictures in a better light area.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
I am putting in one heat range colder NGK 6510's in my 2014 this week.
I ran them on nitrous with my old 2011 and they were good plugs. Going to stay with them on the Turbo too.
My car has been throwing random misfire on cold starts which I believe to be from plugs being fouled from all the different tune setups that were tried on it that were too rich. Going to see how they look.
NGK 6510's are $8.50/plug at O'Reilly

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Just slapped a new set of 6510s in my engine that we just put in the car; cheap plug and no issues with the boost so far

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back