anyone looking to do a gt500 and looking for a donor car?

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Who works 5 mins from there? Would be great to have a first hand idea on what the engine looks like.

That would be me. I am not a Copart member however I'm sure someone I work with is. I'm not even sure if they will allow me to look at the vehicle prior to the auction. I'll call tomorrow. The worst that can happen is they say no.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That would be me. I am not a Copart member however I'm sure someone I work with is. I'm not even sure if they will allow me to look at the vehicle prior to the auction. I'll call tomorrow. The worst that can happen is they say no.

Thanks for giving it a shot!

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
Never said I was going to share what I find. :kidding:

Maybe I want to purchase it......

your evil my man...ya can share with me since i started this party :thanks

the preview is the day before the auction so it will be on the 3rd all day or on the the 4th before 11am local time

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Just want to give an update - been out of the office all week and looks like it may be that way through the end of the week. To make matters worse, my contact at work that I believe is a Copart member is on vacation all week.

If something changes and I can get some more info or pictures I'll be sure to post.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like. It doesnt say when the bidding stops

So highest Bid by Tuesday is the winner...if I am reading this right

Last edited:

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sucks that you have to have a business license to bid on most of the stuff. If you just sign up you can only bid on the ones listed as no license required.
Not particularly thrilled with them wanting to charge $25 to sign up to the site either

Here is probably a pretty descent find
http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch...e1s3&lotId=21125989&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

Nice find. Thanks; this one is really interesting...if it were mid Feb, I'd pay up to $10k for something like this.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$10k won't even buy an 03-04 Cobra in that condition.

Thanks for the encouragement, but Richard at Strictly bought the a GT500 that a tree had fallen on in Missouri, for $12k, so not outside the realm of possibility.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement, but Richard at Strictly bought the a GT500 that a tree had fallen on in Missouri, for $12k, so not outside the realm of possibility.

So to summarize, $10k won't buy it.

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
if we are talking about the burned one 10k might get it. why you all worried about the dealer lic stuff...i told you already i have one and will help some out here

hotairgypsy

forum member
Reaction score
I like. It doesnt say when the bidding stops

So highest Bid by Tuesday is the winner...if I am reading this right

there is a time all cars start at auction...the early bid just pushes the starting bid up. it will be a live auction

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back