Anyone notice how the extreme cold weather effects your car?

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
My car kills when its below 32 degrees, plus all my symptoms of a messed up car come back, I get a check engine light when its cold, and only when its cold, never in the summer. The ignition coil code always comes up but the car drives fine. Creeks and pops from every place and I swear it takes 3 or 4 times of the leather heated seats button to warm the seats. The whipple loves it but winter blows!!!!!! Oh and the frozen door is always a plus when your standing on frozen water and go to yank the door and bust your ass when you pull yourself to the car and lose your balance.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
like the couple of other posts, my saleen s/c loves the cold weather, and that annoying belt chirp or squeel has gone away as well.

No belt chirping but my Stang has been chomping at the bit all morning to be let out to run, soooooo, I think we're gonna take a little romp this afternoon and take advantage of this lovely crisp weather. The car hasn't felt this energetic in awhile...

I love it.

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I have a nice pulley chirp when its cold too, summer time its not there, come cold, shit like a whole nest of birds under the hood chirping to sweet home alabama.

Ricosbullitt

forum member
Reaction score
Its 16* here in Chi-town with a feels like of 7* I have been waiting all week to take it out :drool:

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cold weather has a negative affect on mine too..... It sits in the garage and doesn't turn a wheel for about 7 months every year.

Reaction score
I need to find me a cheap running 4cyl Mustang to drive around or maybe a Honda CRX so I dont have to drive my Mustang everyday inthis weather. :(

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
I have experienced this issue also. Another new found quirk I've found is that these NSR II cams don't like to start in the cold. I normally get one crank, but if I let it die it will take more than 5 or 6 cranks to get it going again until its warm.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Been fine for me in the cold, only thing i noticed and this only happend twice ever, is the emergency brake staying stuck for a few seconds after the lever is dropped. besides that pretty good in the cold except the lack of traction lol

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Only thing I notice is that mine runs like shit when cold. I have to let it warm up before driving. Other than that, it loves the cold.

big-j

Reaction score
mine sits in the garage coverd up.last year after the roads got clear of the salt i was gonna drive it to work went to the gas station to get my morning coffee left the car runnin just set the ebrake came out and it was stuck so i ended up drivin my beastly 92 gmc s-15 lol whitch sounds like its got a big cam when ya first start it up in the morning till its gets warm but it keeps the stang outta the snow salt and rain whitch makes me happy

Dave

forum member
Reaction score
I think the e-brake problem happened to my wife the other day, she drove about a half mile down the road and said she heard a grinding noise. She drives about 60 miles both ways to work, and it was about 8 degrees out that morning. I told her to call in and i'd check it out when i got home, I heard nothing hopefully that was it!

Real Horses

forum member
Reaction score
Mines all nice and cosy in storage. I started her up the other day slid the shop door open so i wouldn't die from exhaust fumes. Then discoved I couldn't slide the door shut again, the ground had heaved, I could slide it off but not back.... grrrrrr so 45 minutes later the car is all warmed up and I'm sweating because I've spent that time beating on the dirt trying to chip enough away to close the door. God I love Iowa! But at least I got to listen to that pretty Vortech whine.....

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Mine hasn't been started in a month and a half. Hopefully if this 40 degree weather will just hold another few days I'll have the chance to drive it.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Mustang is tucked away.. but you guys realize that cranky cars in the cold is not just Mustangs right? It's common for doors to be frozen shut, plastic to be creaky, etc. I drove valet a few years ago, trust me no car make is happy when the temps are way down.

Back