Atco Thursday 10/21/10

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Turns out the track prep was crap last night. Alot of guys were spinning at the line, but I still managed a new best in the cool air of 11.336 @ 125.22. That was with a 1.689 60' and my car went sideways at the line on that one.

I've just got to get a damn drag pack and some bias-plys so I can launch this BIATCH!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
too bad about the prep James. Nice MPH, how many runs did you get in?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I only ran 4 times letting my car cool off for a while in between. A pair of 11.4's, the 11.3 and an 11.5. Frank(TungstenGT06) is still having intercooler flow issues so his times were not as good as they could have been. He thinks it's just a kink in one of the lines slowing the flow so hopefully that'll be a fairly easy fix.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
any track officals have a "discussion" with you? ;-)

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Heh...nope. I took the back way around after my 1st run, then back the normal return road on my second run, then the back way on my 3rd and my fourth run was in the 11.5's so I was ok.

Just a little duck & move. They did talk to Frank though on his second run.

TungstenGT06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah there was no track prep last night. Congrats James on the new best! I'm not too thrilled about my cars performance last night , but it can be easily fixed.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Turns out the track prep was crap last night. Alot of guys were spinning at the line, but I still managed a new best in the cool air of 11.336 @ 125.22. That was with a 1.689 60' and my car went sideways at the line on that one.

I've just got to get a damn drag pack and some bias-plys so I can launch this BIATCH!

Little quicker then last time you ran me huh? LOL congrads.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Not by much. My best before was 11.342 @ 124 with a 1.62 60'. My M&H tires are pretty much shot and I don't want to buy new ones in case I get some 15" rims this winter so I've just got to deal with what I've got for now.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Nice meeting you guys!

Even with the track I had a new PB. Hot off the drive up there she ran an 11.96 @ 118.29mph w/ 1.83 60' followed up by an 11.85 @ 118.98mph w/ 1.81 60'. Not as fast as she can go, but it was my first trek into the 11's!

..and par for the course, the driver (me) got worse as the night went on.. blew the launch on my 3rd run w/ a 1.99 60' and aborted.. fourth attempt I pulled a 1.70 60' and hit a wall attempting to shift to 2nd.. aborted... fifth I stalled the damn car doing the burnout..
censored.gif
Couldn't figure out what the hell I was doing wrong... yay traction control!! :banghead::banghead::banghead: I had to go upto the tree to keep things rolling and my 60' was complete **** along with massive spin on every shift... think I ran a 12 something at 116..

It was only 8pm'ish and the place was empty.. could of done 12+ runs easy if I wanted to.. but after screwing up on my 3rd run, I knew I was over thinking things on the 4th & 5th.. so we figured it was best to call it a night.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I made 1 run last night and stopped cause of the track prep. I didn't want too beat the car before our rental next Friday.
I recently had my head fixed and replaced both head gaskets. It was the first time running since that and having the converter loosened. I don't have a two step in yet so I ended up leaving at 14psi and the tires didn't stand a chance. I'm putting the slicks on this week when I get the tubes. Then I'll be ready to go for Friday.
I still went 10.68 @ 137 with a 1.98 60'. I spun, lifted the gas and got back in it. That was only 14psi.

I have to put on my 4" downpipe this week and turning it up to 22psi Friday.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That suck Paul!

Who's rental on Friday?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Hey Paul, if you want to re-torque your head studs just to be safe let me know. I should be around in the afternoon both Saturday and Sunday after work.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not by much. My best before was 11.342 @ 124 with a 1.62 60'. My M&H tires are pretty much shot and I don't want to buy new ones in case I get some 15" rims this winter so I've just got to deal with what I've got for now.

lol, when you ran me, you just got your motor done & you had no s/c @ the time. Now, you would blow my doors off.

bad10GT

Mark it zero!
Reaction score
I got there late but the track prep was terrible, I didn`t really see a good groove. I was nervous for some of the higher HP cars running. I saw your run againstallodds1 and your right the tires didn`t stand a chance. I stopped over by your cars but you guys were no where to be found. I wish I would have got there sooner to make some passes and to meet you guys

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back