Atco Track Rental 10-24-11 (S197Forum ONLY)

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
I do have 3 Go-Pro vids to put up too.... Gotta edit them though....

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Ron said that as soon as he hit the brakes at the end of his last run, his car just shut off and would not turn over. Got it back to his spot, tried to turn the crack by hand and it wouldn't move, all his coolant was gone, no idea yet.
I have that run on vid when it shut off.....

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im guessing that it is a broken crank. Hydroloc would of showed some sign on the exhaust side, and when ever I seen a gasket leak, it would show all over on the compression stroke and pushed out all over. This is completey odd, almost like something is jamed in the flexplate not letting the crank spin. We pulled the plugs out of cylinder 5-8 and tried to spin the crank and it wouldnt budge. Unless something broke in the timing/valve train, then I would think it is the crank. No one really can pinpoint anything now, without seeing inside the motor. It can be too many things. There is a lot that can make a crank not spin, but the mystery is where did the coolant go and why were there no signs? Plugs looked good on the drivers side. We didnt check the pass side cause of his intake tube being there. No coolant in the oil. Check the dipstick after everything cools though and see if any made its way down. But usually it will be milky color as soon as it mixes.

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Sorry for noisy ice in the water tank and man my 3650 trans is getting tired with the miles....just listen to it whine as I drive the car up to the lanes in the 4th video....

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Im guessing that it is a broken crank. Hydroloc would of showed some sign on the exhaust side, and when ever I seen a gasket leak, it would show all over on the compression stroke and pushed out all over. This is completey odd, almost like something is jamed in the flexplate not letting the crank spin. We pulled the plugs out of cylinder 5-8 and tried to spin the crank and it wouldnt budge. Unless something broke in the timing/valve train, then I would think it is the crank. No one really can pinpoint anything now, without seeing inside the motor. It can be too many things. There is a lot that can make a crank not spin, but the mystery is where did the coolant go and why were there no signs? Plugs looked good on the drivers side. We didnt check the pass side cause of his intake tube being there. No coolant in the oil. Check the dipstick after everything cools though and see if any made its way down. But usually it will be milky color as soon as it mixes.
Thats the worse part..... But like said above, the motor has to be looked into to see whats what...

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Dysan chasing 10's

It was kinda like standing around a craps table. We were all on the edge of our seats holding our breath on this run.

Last edited:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Had a great time, nice to put some faces to the names. The S197Forum rental had it all, suspense, comedy, Glory and heart break. It should be an annual event.

This is my last run of the day, 12.62 @ 111.7 mph, after the second botched burnout attempt :damnit: (first time on Drag Radials).

Oddly enough my fastest time of the day and PB was on street tires, 12.61 @ 111.9 mph. My R/T shows -.162, i guess that means i read lighted? does that still count?

Ive got a few GOPRO vids ill add once i can get to them.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
One of 94Tbird's runs, not his best but he almost got his wheels some air time.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
One of 94Tbird's runs, not his best but he almost got his wheels some air time.

you can hear the car rev up, lsoe steam, rev up, lsoe steam. thinknig it was the belt slippnig but now with the motor seized who knows.

Back