Attention folks with hid kit!!

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
i'm having issues with blowing high beam fuse;
details of setup:
i have raxiom led/halo projector headlights (h7 low/ h1 high) with ddm tuning hid kit and morimoto h13 hi/lo relay harness.
symptoms:
after wiring the kit up and installing, both the hid lows, and halogen highs worked but after about 20 minutes the high beam fuse blew and i noticed the relay was very hot, i replaced the fuse and it blew immediately after turning headlights on. i bumped to fuse up in size but even a 25 amp fuse blew, i bumped it up to a 30 (bad idea i know) and it blew my hid bulbs. it's almost like i have a short somewhere but i'm almost positive i wired it correctly because it worked for 20 minutes upon first startup. after doing some reading on here the relay may be the culprit but if anyone knows or has ideas on what's goin on or what i've got wrong i could use some advice???

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
i'm having issues with blowing high beam fuse;
details of setup:
i have raxiom led/halo projector headlights (h7 low/ h1 high) with ddm tuning hid kit and morimoto h13 hi/lo relay harness.
symptoms:
after wiring the kit up and installing, both the hid lows, and halogen highs worked but after about 20 minutes the high beam fuse blew and i noticed the relay was very hot, i replaced the fuse and it blew immediately after turning headlights on. i bumped to fuse up in size but even a 25 amp fuse blew, i bumped it up to a 30 (bad idea i know) and it blew my hid bulbs. it's almost like i have a short somewhere but i'm almost positive i wired it correctly because it worked for 20 minutes upon first startup. after doing some reading on here the relay may be the culprit but if anyone knows or has ideas on what's goin on or what i've got wrong i could use some advice???

A short will pop a fuse instantly unless it's intermitent. I would check your grounds and make sure they are of decent gauge. It's possible you may have a bad balast.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back